Community

Fire report for week of April 7

On Sunday, April 7, at 6:39 p.m. the chief was dispatched to an apartment on McCrary Circle for a gas leak. The gas company was notified. On Tuesday, April 9, at 4:14 p.m. the fire department was dispatched to a grass fire on S. Jackson caused by a downed power line. Two trucks and 11

[ Read More ]

TOPS wishes Stephany a happy birthday

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in The Preferred Family Healthcare building, 700 E. Hospital Rd, El Dorado Springs on Thursday, April 11, 2024 for their regular weigh in and meeting. Warren, our leader, called the meeting to order. Carol led us in singing “My Favorite Things” We said our TOPS & KOPS Pledges

[ Read More ]

Thank You!

Thank you to everyone who supported my campaign. While I may have come up short by a slight margin, your dedication and belief in me mean the world to me and my family.  To the newly elected member and the Board of Trustees—we wish them the best in their endeavors and our hope is that

[ Read More ]

Fire report for week of March 31

On Wednesday, April 3, at 3:09 p.m. the fire department was dispatched to a trailer on E. Fields to assist at a medical call. Two trucks and 18 firefighters responded. On Friday, April 5, at 8:09 p.m. the chief investigated a fire located west of the sewer plant that turned out to be a control

[ Read More ]

Rehab project on Rte 82/Truman Lake Bridge in progress

The Missouri Route 82 bridge over Stockton Lake east of Osceola will be closed for up to 102 days while contractor crews work to rehabilitate the bridge beginning the week of April 1, the Missouri Department of Transportation said. Contractor crews will replace the deck/driving surface with a new driving surface. Traffic impacts: Both lanes

[ Read More ]

Twentieth Century Club discusses Slinky

Submitted by Lana Sue Jones A small group met in the home of our hostess, Jean Wernel, on March 11. Evelyn Boyle, secretary, served as president and called the meeting to order. The members are starting to think about their program titles for next year. The entertainment committee will get information for the location of

[ Read More ]

TOPS speaks on The Seven Types of Hunger

The TOPS Chapter thanks everyone who helped make our March 21 Baked Potato Luncheon a success. We hope everyone who attended had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food and visiting. TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in The Preferred Family Healthcare building, 700 E. Hospital Rd, El Dorado Springs on Thursday, March 28,

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society discusses Museum spring opening

By Connie Maupin             Society members met at the museum in Stockton on March 25, for their annual soup lunch held before their monthly meeting. Members present were: President Judy Nichols, Vice President Chris Barber, Secretary Connie Maupin, Treasurer Anna Hopkins, Virginia Barber, Sharyl Henry, Luella Phipps, Judith Cain, Ellis

[ Read More ]

El Dorado Springs Fire report for week of March 24

On Sunday, March 24, at 7:47 p.m. the Fire department was dispatched to a one vehicle rollover accident at Fields and Allison Rd. for traffic control. Two trucks and 15 firefighters responded. On Tuesday, March 26, at 7:43 a.m. the department was dispatched to a residence on S. Park for a structure fire. Three trucks

[ Read More ]