Community

Happy birthday Linda, Happy anniversary Carol

Tops Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the Grace Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Sept. 17, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Carol led us in singing “It’s in Our Hands.” We said our TOPS and KOPS Pledges. Susan mentioned the up- coming Christmas Parade Nov. 21. Theme of the Parade will

[ Read More ]

Cedar Co. COVID-19 stats for Sept. 14

Reported cases since beginning of COVID-19 pandemic (87) Active COVID-19 cases (6) Total # of cases requiring hospitalization (10) Current # of hospitalized cases (?) # of deaths (0) Total Cedar County Test Count (total of negative line list + # positive cases) Negative Cedar County Test Count (2241) Positive Cedar County Test Count (87)

[ Read More ]

VFW Flag Retirement, flag retirement etiquette

The El Dorado Springs Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 257 has US flag retirement ceremonies from time to time. If you have a flag you would like to have retired they are glad to assist you in doing so in a respectful and dignified manner. You can also dedicate your flag retirement to a

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Wow! Thank you for celebrating my 80th birthday with me. The parade was fantastic. Cards and gifts were amazing. Many, many phone calls, wonderful balloons were just great. All the acts of kindness were just so awesome. I love you all, Barbara L. Wallen   Thank you to all who came to donate blood at

[ Read More ]

2020 RT. 54 CAR SHOW WINNERS

Class 1-Antique Vehicle 48 + Earlier: l. Bill and Barbara Johnson, 2. Bonnie and Bill Johnson, 3. Ralph and Wilma Zartman; Class 2-Original 49-61: l. Warren Rltuems, 2. Jim Newman, 3. Bill Newman; Class 3-Original 62-72: l. Steve Goodman, 2. David and Peggy Banwart, 3. Dennis Crain; Class 4-Original l973-l983: l. Rhonda Boch, 2. Joe

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society meets

by Judy Nichols The Cedar County Historical Society met at the museum in Stockton for the first time since February due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions. Only President Judy Nichols, Vice President Judith Cain, Board Member Bob Phillips and Chris Barber were able to attend. However, a quorum of three board members was met so

[ Read More ]

TOPS says you must burn more calories than you eat

Tops Chapter 9319 El Dorado Spring (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Sept. 10, for their weekly weigh in and meeting. Carol led us in singing “To TOPS We Will Go.” Susan was sick today so Co-Leader Linda Hall led us in roll call. Sixteen members

[ Read More ]

ROBERT CONNER CELEBRATES 91 YEARS

My family celebrated my father, Robert Conner’s 91st birthday yesterday, Sept. 5. He is still in good health but has difficulty getting around. He has a motorized wheelchair to assist in this regard. We took him to Smith’s Restaurant in Bolivar to celebrate and he ordered a steak dinner with a baked potato and a

[ Read More ]

BUDDY KING IMPROVING

James and John got to see their dad today (Wednesday). It so important to see family even if just for a minute. We continue at Rehabilitation Hospital. Seeing improvements. The increased hearing loss after surgery is frustrating but still the doctors think that might improve given time. Thank you all again for your prayers and

[ Read More ]

50th Anniversary for Jamisons

Mike and Linda Jamison will celebrate their 50th Anniversary at the end of this month. Mike and Linda were married Sept. 25,1970, in a little church out in Osceola. called Cooks Chapel. They currently have been long time members of the Blue Ridge Church of God, (Holiness) – El Dorado Springs. Mike is now retired

[ Read More ]