Community

TOPS MO # 9319 El Dorado Springs morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Aug. 29, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Leader Susan Sandel called our meeting to order, we said our TOPS and KOPS Pledges. Kay led us in singing “Eating Fewer Calories.” Melissa reported on the contest, this is

[ Read More ]

FIRE DEPARTMENT GETS NEW EQUIPMENT

FIRE DEPARTMENT GETS NEW EQUIPMENT – Clint Stacy models one of the Fire Department’s new coats. Fire Chief Bob Floyd was at the City Council meeting on Thursday, Aug. 29, and brought some of the new equipment with him including some of the hand-held radios. The department has eight new sets (a set is boots,

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society meets

By Judy Nichols The Cedar County Historical Society met on Monday, Aug. 26, at the museum in Stockton.  Members present were, President Judy Nichols, Vice President Judith Cain, Treasurer Anna Hopkins, Chris Barber and Bob Phillips.  Secretary Connie Maupin was not able to attend, so Judy Nichols recorded the meeting minutes. Judy Nichols reported on

[ Read More ]

BOOTBLOCK BRINGS IN MONEY FOR MDA

BOOTBLOCK BRINGS IN MONEY FOR MDA – According to Fire Chief Bob Floyd, the El Dorado Springs Fire Department filled their boots with somewhere around $8,000, by being out on Hwy. 54 on from 8 a.m. – noon on Saturday, Aug. 31, and from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 2. Last year

[ Read More ]

LONESOME LOSER NO MORE

LONESOME LOSER NO MORE – I’m the guy who was in Friday morning about the pulling tractor picture in the most recent Sun. I just thought I’d send you a picture of the “Lonesome Loser” 1466 IH’s 1st place run at El Dorado Springs. I was the #6 puller in the class of 6 and

[ Read More ]

Presented by Compass Health Network

by Lauren Weinand, M.D. Depressed mood is a commonly experienced emotion that refers to feelings of discouragement, sadness, and apathy. If these feelings become distressing or disabling, however, a person might be experiencing a more serious condition known as major depression. Major depression is characterized by depressed mood or lack of motivation for most of

[ Read More ]

Milestone year for Firefighters Fill the Boot for MDA

Missouri Governor Mike Parson has officially proclaimed August as Fill the Boot Month to mark the 65th anniversary of the Firefighters extraordinary efforts on behalf of the Muscular Dystrophy Association.  Nearly 600 million dollars has been collected since 1954 when the program began with one Boston Firefighter. El Dorado Springs Firefighters will participate in the

[ Read More ]

Card of Thanks

Many thanks and much appreciation for the many cards of sympathy. They really help during a rough time. I’ve read them all several times and shed some tears each time. God bless you all, Dr. Bob Magee

[ Read More ]

TOPS MO #9319 El Dorado Springs morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Aug. 22, for their weekly weigh-in, and meeting. Leader Susan Sandel called our meeting to order and Kay and Carol led us in singing “A Healthy You.”  We remembered what our leader said last week and said our

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

Municipal Band last concerts of the summer Your Municipal Band will play its final concerts for the summer of 2019 this weekend. On Friday evening we will play a military concert, then on Saturday we will play songs selected by the band members and I will visit with audience members to let

[ Read More ]