Community

New books at Cedar County Library

Long Road to Mercy by David Baldacci – Atlee Pine, an FBI agent with special skills assigned to the remote wild of Southwest United States, must confront a new threat and an old nightmare. Target by James Patterson – A leader hads fallen and Alex Cross joins the procession of mourners form Capitol Hill to

[ Read More ]

A ROYAL DONATION

A ROYAL DONATION – The Royal Neighbors of America of El Dorado Springs donated Thanksgiving Dinner to the ARC of Hope. According to Edina McGinnis, program administrator for the ARC of Hope Program for Women and children, the Royal Neighbors donated all canned goods, all ingredients to make pies, rolls and the turkey for nine

[ Read More ]

CEO/ED receives Governor’s Quality Leadership Award

CMH receives Missouri Quality Award Citizens Memorial Hospital/Citizens Memorial Health Care Foundation (CMH) is the recipient of the 2018 Missouri Quality Award. The award was presented to CMH by Lt. Gov. Mike Kehoe during a special ceremony Nov. 15 in Columbia. During the awards ceremony, Lt. Gov. Kehoe also presented Donald J. Babb, CMH Chief

[ Read More ]

ElDo Senior Center Home Delivered Meals

It’s the holiday season and there are many seniors in our town who simply do not have enough to eat. Some are home bound and totally dependent on the home delivered meals they receive from us. Normally, when they receive their meals, it’s the only time they see or speak with another person. Like Charlie,

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society meets

by Connie Maupin The monthly meeting of the Cedar County Historical Society was held Oct. 29 in the Stockton museum. Members in attendance were President Judy Nichols, Vice President Judi Cain, Secretary Connie Maupin, Assistant Treasurer Anna Hopkins, Sharyl Henry, Ellis Benham, Chris Barber, Bob Phillips and guest, Ben Gravely. President Judy Nichols reviewed museum

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

I Now Have Them, Too They are now in my garden taking out my ash trees – emerald ash borers. Emerald ash borers Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire are an exotic beetle from Asia that was discovered in North America near Detroit, MI, in the summer of 2002. The adults look like grasshoppers from the Emerald City

[ Read More ]

Good things to say about Hospital

Cedar County Memorial Hospital in El Dorado Springs, Missouri has been an indispensible part of my family’s life for many generations.  It’s where my grandfather went 50 years ago to recover from his first heart attack.  It’s where my grandmother spent her final hours in the company of caring professionals who understood and accommodated our

[ Read More ]

Providing information

SLEEP APNEA Q: I have a real problem with sleep. I constantly go to sleep in the daytime and don’t sleep well at night. My husband says that I snore loudly sometimes, as well. What is the best way to handle this? A: The first thing that needs to be ruled out is sleep apnea.

[ Read More ]

PARADE WINNERS

FIRST PLACE – Skate Town   SECOND PLACE  – Nazarene Church   THIRD PLACE– Optimist Club

[ Read More ]

ElDo woman dies in river

An El Dorado Springs woman had dies as the result of an automobile accident on I-49 in Barton County. Missouri Highway Patrol Sgt. Jason Pace says the body of 45-year-o. Nicole Shrock was found in the North Fork of Spring River, south of Lamar, Wednesday, Nov. 14. He add the preliminary investigation revealed Shrock was

[ Read More ]