Community

2017 Cedar County Youth Fair

June 15, 16 & 17 Cedar County Fairgrounds Stockton Thursday, June 15 3:00 p. m. Non-Livestock entries check-in begins. Attach entry tags and complete summary sheet. 5:00 p. m. Non-Livestock entries check-in ends; area closed for judging. Rabbit and Poultry check-in begins. 6:00 p.m. All rabbits and poultry must be in place. 7:00 p.m. Rabbit

[ Read More ]

DANIEL WOSOBA HONORED

DANIEL WOSOBA HONORED – Please help us congratulate Daniel Wosoba, from the El Dorado Springs area, for receiving the Cedar County Soil and Water Conservation District 2016 Cooperator of the Year award. Daniel has benefited from advice from our engineers and technicians, working tirelessly to install waterways and terraces to control the erosion problems on

[ Read More ]

TOPS hears about supplements to questions

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ Meeting Room on Thursday, June 8. Leader Robbie C opened the meeting and Kay S. led us in singing “Our TOPS” Sheryl had the program today. She had everyone write their name on a piece of paper for a

[ Read More ]

60th anniversary

Bill and Sally Hawkins were married June 21, 1957, in Bellevue, WA, Sally’s hometown. Due to Bill’s work on pipeline construction, El Dorado Springs is the 42nd place they have lived, 27 places in the first six years. Sally raised four kids, the first two on the road. El Dorado Springs is a great place

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

They’re back I was just about to pick a few lovely pink Rose of Sharon flowers when I saw them inside the double blooms. Japanese beetles. Yep, they’re here, a few weeks earlier than usual according to University of Missouri Extension Service. For the next six weeks or so, it will be a battle between

[ Read More ]

Lines cousin reunite in 2017

The descendents of Frank Lines celebrated their 58th reunion on June 4 in the El Dorado Springs Community center. Harold Rosbough asked the blessing on the food. Then everyone enjoyed eating. Agnes Veale made a center piece of red roses with a doll. The following received red rose corsages: Youngest person present was – Audrey

[ Read More ]

65th Welch, Gerster reunion

The group was called together for their 65th Welch, Gerster reunion by Nancy Bailey and Sharon Barger telling the family how the Welch, Gerster reunion got started. Martha Welch Capps, Charley Gerster was visiting at the home of Martha Welch Capps and Floyd when they decided their were so many cousins who never knew each

[ Read More ]

90’s club

Updated Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 2:20 p.m. (To put someone on the list, please give us his or her name, hometown, birth date and phone number.) Audrey Rhoad, El Dorado Springs, Sept. 5, 1914 Ruth Roberts, El Dorado Springs, Sept. 11, 1915 Kathern Grubb, El Dorado Springs, Dec. 27, 1915 Josephine Steward Johnson, El Dorado

[ Read More ]

Providing information

DRUG ABUSE Q: I’m worried my teen is taking drugs. What should I do? A: Drug abuse happens when people use drugs in a way that harms them or causes them to hurt others. Most of the time, drug abuse starts casually. Drugs change the way the brain works. Teens who continue to use, develop

[ Read More ]

Thank you

I wish to thank everyone that shared the month long celebration recognizing my 96th birthday. It began in April with the singing of Happy Birthday by the Hospital Auxiliary luncheon and auction patrons. I received lots of cards, telephone calls and shared meals prior to the family and friends sharing a meal at Chicken Annie’s

[ Read More ]