Community

CMH welcomes family nurse practitioner to neurology clinic

Citizens Memorial Hospital announces the appointment of Family Nurse Practitioner Daniel Ferguson, NP-C, to CMH Neurology Clinic and Missouri Memory Center. Ferguson joins Board Certified Neurologist Curtis P. Schreiber, M.D.; Physician Assistant Bethany Corey, PA-C; Board Certified Neuropsychologist Robert Denny, Psy.D., ABPP; and Psychologist Dana LaMair, Psy.D. Ferguson earned a bachelor science in nursing from

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

We want to thank everyone who came to our 40th anniversary. It was a great day with family and friends. Thanks to Dick Scotten and Carl Scotten for the special music. A special thanks to our daughters, Tania, Pam, Gena, Misty and Terri for planning and doing all the work. Thanks Steve for all your

[ Read More ]

TOPS hears about stress and body weight

Sheryl had the program today. She took her discussion from TOPS Choice Is Mine book. She talked about stress and body weight. Different people react in different ways to stress. Stress is caused by many things and is increasing due to the busy world we all live in. Stress releases hormones called cortisol which can

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Planting Bulbs in Winter The anticipation was palpable and it had nothing to do with Christmas. My brother in Virginia was doing some garden remodeling and asked if he could send back some of the daffodil bulbs I had gifted him over the years. That way the bulbs could visit “home” for a couple of

[ Read More ]

Hillsmans hold 49th family reunion

Descendants of Albert and Nancy Jane (Snow) Hillsman gathered for the occasion on Sunday, July 2, 2017 at the El Dorado Springs Community Center with approximately 80 present.  Blessing was given and a basket dinner followed. Present for the gathering were Ryan Budd – Abilene, KS; Scott, Kelly, and Blythe Barton – Louisburg, KS; Leroy

[ Read More ]

Providing information

TODDLER TANTRUMS Q: My toddler throws tantrums and sometimes it is very embarrassing if it is in public. What can I do? A: This is a way many toddlers express frustration. They don’t have skills to express emotions in other ways. Tantrums are worse when the child is afraid, very tired or uncomfortable. They can

[ Read More ]

City approves real estate sale for Solar Farm

The El Dorado Springs City Council approved the sale of 20 acres to MC Power for a Solar Farm close to the airport. City Manager Bruce Rogers said that all the approvals needs have been attained due to the farm being close to the airport. He said the city will have no closing costs. Work

[ Read More ]

EVANS INTERN

EVANS INTERN – Adam Henn is in his final year of pharmacy school at the University of Kansas. He originates from Paola, KS, and has had experience in independent pharmacy throughout his time in school and feels right at home at Evans Drugs with Kevin and his team. He looks forward to the opportunity to

[ Read More ]

CCAD picks color for new building

The Cedar County Ambulance District board met Monday evening, Dec. 18, in the.Stockton Ambulance Barn. All board members were present: John Wilson – Chairman, Nadine Sinclair Evelyn Boyle Keith Kasco Sec/Tres. Kenny Turner Vice Chairman Rusty Norval A motion was made by Wilson to approve the agenda with changes, seconded by Sinclair, 6 ayes, 0

[ Read More ]

Update on Conference merger

Superintendents from the Mid-Lakes Conference and the newly formed Ozarks Highlands Conference met on Dec. 6, to consider a proposal for merging the two conferences into one conference beginning with the 2020-21 School Year.  The merger was approved by unanimous vote of the superintendents. A proposal to rename the conference was considered and it was

[ Read More ]