Community

Cards of Thanks

I want to extend my thanks to Rosemary Lusk and Bonnie Henry for hosting my retirment party at the beauty shop. So many came and visited and enjoyed refreshments. Thanks to all, I was really happy to see everyone. Thanks to Neoma Foreman for the nice article she put in the papers. JoAnn Redburn

[ Read More ]

Child Safety Week Sept. 23 – 29

Child passenger safety – safety counts Do you know if your child is in the right safety seat? While they may be old enough, they still may not weigh enough, or be tall enough to buckle up and skip the booster or car seat. National Child Passenger Safety Week is Sept. 23-29. The Missouri Coalition

[ Read More ]

Three hurt in wreck

Three area youth were hurt in a one car mishap at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 17, on County Road 1428 five miles north of Stockton. According to the report by Cpl. Mitch Bush, the crash occurred as the 2000 Ford Taurus driven south by Marty P. Aucoin, 17, El Dorado springs, was traveling at

[ Read More ]

SUICIDE AWARENESS BALLOON RELEASE

SUICIDE AWARENESS BALLOON RELEASE – Senior Life Solutions Program Director Hollee Cross, RN, BSN, lead the program staff along with several Cedar County Memorial Hospital employees and friends in a balloon release was at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, on the south lawn of the hospital in observance of September as National Suicide Prevention and

[ Read More ]

TOPS MO #9319 (morning chapter) El Dorado Springs

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Sept. 13, for their weekly weigh in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann called the meeting to order. Kay led us in singing “Losing”. We said our TOPS and KOPS pledges. Marilyn led us in exercises. 25 members weighed

[ Read More ]

DELLAROSE MAY FRANCIS

DELLAROSE MAY FRANCIS was born at 8:35 a.m. on Monday, Sept 17, 2018. She joins her parents, Ben and Amber Francis, and two big brothers, Dill and Sawyer Francis.

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Honey Pie Recipe My British friend Gina made this recipe earlier this summer and it was delicious, especially when I found a frozen piece several weeks later. This recipe makes one 9-inch pie. For the pie crust 11⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt 11⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar 1 stick cold unsalted butter

[ Read More ]

Tri-County Quilt Club News

Tri-County Quilt Club met Monday Sept. 10, at the Rockville United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall President Madline Woodfin called meeting to order at 7 p.m. with 20 ladies enjoying an evening of quilt talk Show and tell was by McLeod, Donna Harris, Donna Engleman, Evonne Andersen and Jenna Breakinridge. Sheri Suster brought fabric to share

[ Read More ]

Boultinghouse-Miller reunion held Sept. 16

The decendants of Erma Esta Davis Miller Boultinghouse held their annual family reunion on the third Sunday in September in the El Dorado Springs Civic Center. Erma’s children (all deceased), the parents of the older ones in this generation, were Reba Miller Ingram, June Miller Long, Verla Mae Boultinghouse Hydeman and Royston Boultinghouse. The group

[ Read More ]