Community

PAPE CELEBRATES GRACIE SWOPES BAPTISM

Following services on Sunday, June 13th, Gracie Swopes came forward to Pastor Dennis Wallen and declaired her love for Christ and her desire to be saved into her Lord and Savior with full immersion baptism. With her Family, Pape Church Family and in the presents of the Holy Spirit, Brother Dennis Baptised Gracie Swopes. Following

[ Read More ]

Band Playlist Schedule for the weekend

Friday June 18 *Picnic in the Park  1 Pretty Baby 2 Can’t Help Falling In Love With You 3 Missouri Waltz 4 Oklahoma 5 Tennessee Waltz 6 Pie in the Face Polka 7 Armed Forces Salute 8 Moon River 9 Ave Maria 10 I Left My Heart In San Francisco 11 Over the Rainbow 12

[ Read More ]

TOPS welcomes new member, Sharron

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the Bethel Free Will Baptist Church, 1300 S Summer St, El Dorado Springs on Thursday, June 10, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Linda H, Leader called the meeting to order. Carol led us in singing “Welcome New Member” We said our TOPS and KOPS pledges. As

[ Read More ]

Tri- County Quilt Club news

Tri- County Quilt club met June 7, at Rockville United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall Rockville. Meeting called to order at 1:40 by President Madline Woodfin with eleven ladies to enjoy an afternoon of quilt talk. Next meeting will be July 5. The annual Unfinished object party. Food theme, tacos and finished Unfinished objects. Time 10:30

[ Read More ]

Fire report for weeks of May 23, 30

On Thursday, May 27, at 2:05 p.m. the Fire Department was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident on Hwy. 82 just west off DD Hwy. in St. Clair County. Four trucks and eight firefighters responded. On Wednesday, June 2, at 9:02 p.m. the Fire Department was put on standby at a residence on West Lafayette

[ Read More ]

AUXILIARY DONATES TO HOSPITAL

During a meeting last week of the Cedar County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, Peggy Carter, Auxiliary Treasurer presented a $5786 check to hospital CFO Carla Gilbert for the purchase of a Hill-Rom Centrella Smart Bed for the hospital medical floor. They hospital is so thankful for all of the efforts put forth by the Auxiliary for

[ Read More ]

Thank You

I want to thank everyone who helped celebrate my 100th birthday. I received many nice cards, phone calls, personal visits and several came to the open house to share refreshments. A special thanks to those that planned, served, and played music to make it a special event.  Getting old is not so bad when you

[ Read More ]

General information for the ElDo Picnic

The El Dorado Springs Picnic will begin Thursday, July 22-24. The picnic committee will begin marking the streets with booth numbers on Wednesday morning, July 21. The map will be put in the window at city hall to help vendors know where their spots are in the afternoon. Then beginning at 6pm all trailers to

[ Read More ]

TOPS sends best wishes for happy anniversaries

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the Bethel Free Will Baptist Church, 1300 S Summer St, El Dorado Springs on Thursday, June 3, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Linda H, Leader called the meeting to order. Carol led us in singing “I Want to Be at That Meeting.” We said our TOPS

[ Read More ]

PATRIOT FOR THE LONG HAUL

This was the 67th year, John R. Hoagland, a U.S. Navy veteran, has raised the flag at the Green Lawn Cemetery, Schell City. Photo courtesy of Jeanne Hoagland.

[ Read More ]