The talent contest will begin at 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 19, during the 2012 El Dorado Springs Picnic. Talent show registration will begin on July 5. There will be no early registrations. This is an official list of the rules to help prevent confusion.
Judi will be available to answer questions before registration begins. There is no other place to register except by calling her at 417/876-2691 (voice mail is available) or by cell at 417/296-1373. Your call will be returned to confirm your registration. You are not registered until you talk to Judi.
1. Talent show may be entered once: single performer, group or act, non-professionals only.
2. Performances are limited to three minutes.
a. Any performance over three minutes will have a point deduction.
b. Any performance the judges feel is excessively over the time limit could be disqualified for the contest and possible disqualified to perform in the contest the following year.
3. Due to time constraints of the talent contest, you will not allowed extra time to set up instruments or complete a sound check. No bands will be permitted in the talent contest.
4. A professional sound system will be provided; however, you must provide your own karaoke disc. (No cassette tapes)
a. Karaoke discs must be delivered to the bandstand and clearly marked with your name and song before the contest begins.
b. No CD’s with artist voice will be permitted. Any contestant that tries to use one will be stopped and immediately disqualified.
c. You will be responsible to pick up your disc at the bandstand after your performance.
d. The committee or sound company will not be responsible for Karaoke discs not picked up after your performance.
5. An entrant’s list will be posted near the bandstand by 3 p.m. on the day of the contest.
a. Contestants will report to the bandstand at the beginning of the contest then will be free to sit in the audience after their performance.
6. Overall winners will be asked to perform a 30-minute program at the following Picnic before the contest begins. This is totally up to the winner if they wish to do this.
a. The overall winner will not be allowed to perform in the contest for two years following their encore performance.
7. Registration is mandatory. The title of the song to be performed must be decided on at the time of registration with no changes allowed without the permission of the talent show coordinator. If a contestant changes their song without permission, they will be disqualified. There will be no duplicate music. There are no auditions.
8. Contestants will perform in the age category of the oldest performer if in a group.
9. Judge sheets will not be available to the contestants or any other party after the contest.
10. Judges decisions will be final.