The 2012 Lip Sync contest will be held in the Park beginning at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, July 21. Each lip sync performance will be limited to one song and the contestant must provide his or her own CD.
Contestants will be judged in the following categories: costumes, props, lip movement, overall performance and audience appeal. There will be two age categories. Registration for the Lip Sync will begin July 12, 2011. Prize money of $100 will be awarded to the overall winner (may be chosen from either age category.) 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $75, $50 and $25 will be awarded to winners in each of the two age groups. For more information or to register, please contact Tania 417/876-8549 or Joyce 417/876-5035.
Lip Sync rules:
1. The lip sync contestant may be entered once: single performer, group or act.
2. Performances are limited to one song. CD’s will be delivered to the Sunderwirth Bandstand prior to the beginning of the contest.
3. A professional sound system will be provided; however, contestant must provide own compact disk, (NO cassette tapes) and props.
4. An entrant’s list will be posted near the bandstand the day of the contest.
5. Registration is mandatory. There will be no duplicate music performances. Contestants must provide performance song title at the time of registration and if any changes are made in the song, lip sync coordinators must be notified to give permission.
6. There are no auditions.
7. Judge sheets will not be available to the contestants or anyone else after the contest.
8. Judge decisions are final.