Welcome to the 2018-19 school year! We are honored and excited to get to work with your children this year. We hope you will find the following information helpful:
1. Our front door will open at 7:45 a.m. each day. Please make sure students are dropped off between 7:45 and 8:00 if they are eating breakfast. Please note that students arriving after 8:15 a.m.will be counted tardy. (See the tardy policy in the parent-student handbook.)
2. Car riders should only be dropped off and picked up from the circle drive on the west side of the elementary building. Parents of regular car riders will receive numbers to display in their vehicles to help speed up the afternoon pick-up process. These numbers will be available for pick-up at Open House on August 16, or from the elementary office. To ensure student safety, all car riders will be dismissed from the cafeteria. Please do not park on the circle drive or in the area reserved for faculty parking. It is also helpful if your children are ready to get out of the car when you pull up to the drop-off zone each morning. Thank you for your patience with us during the afternoon pick-up on the first few days of school as it will run slowly at first. We are making every effort to keep your children safe!
3. Car riders will be sent to the cafeteria at 2:55. Those arriving to pick up children should remain in your vehicles and go around the circle drive. A staff member will radio in for your child to meet you and load in front of the school. K, 1st, and 4th grade bus riders will be dismissed by intercom at 2:57. Fifth grade students will assist the younger students in finding their buses during the first week of school again this year. 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade bus riders will be dismissed by intercom at 2:59. Walkers will be dismissed at 3:01 and exit the building through the front entrance on the west side of the school. Please do not ask teachers and students to open locked doors at any time throughout the school year as they have been instructed NOT to do so.
4. Visitors to our school should enter through the left set of doors at the main entrance just off the circle drive and check in with the office to receive a visitor’s pass. Visitors will have to be buzzed through a second set of doors to gain access to the elementary hallway. Again, this is for the safety of our students. Thanks for your understanding.
5. Please remember Oak and Pine Streets are one-way from Main to Grand during the times of morning drop-off (7:30-8:30 a.m.) and afternoon pick-up (2:30-3:30 p.m.). Parents of elementary students will want to exit the way you entered (toward Twyman Street). If you will also drop off or pick up middle and/or high school students you may continue north on Grand to do so.
Don’t hesitate to call the elementary office if we can answer any questions or help in any way to get the year off to a smooth start. We hope to see you at Open House from 5:00-7:00 p.m. on August 14.
The Elementary Faculty and Staff