Community

Thank You

The family of Dennis Henry would like to thank everyone that was so good to him during his illness. A special thank you to the Eagles 4279, his classmates and his friends that took time to take him to doctor appointments, came to see him or call him. Thanks to all of you. Vinnie Lankford,

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Answering Questions Poinsettia Pointers “My poinsettia from last year pulled through but the leaves are still green. What did I do wrong?” – Nancy Hi Nancy,  without seeing your poinsettia my guess is it didn’t get enough darkness for 4-6 weeks earlier this fall. To get a poinsettia to re-bloom, keep it watered through winter

[ Read More ]

Reunion-Class of 1974

Mark your calendars for our 45th reunion on July 20, 2019. Time: TBA. Send address changes and updates to: Debra Roe, 1004 E. Patricia, El Dorado Springs, MO 64744; email: debrasmithroe1428@gmail.com; phone/text: 417/876-7426 or facebook: Class of 1974, El Dorado Springs, MO.

[ Read More ]

3M GIVES $1,000 TO ELDO FFA

3M GIVES $1,000 TO ELDO FFA – El Dorado Springs FFA Chapter thanks alumni member Richard VanBummel (left) for his outstanding actions to support our organization. Richard works at 3M located in Nevada. As an employee he filled out an application for the 3M Gives Foundation. This program donates to organizations and clubs that the

[ Read More ]

Resource Officer on board agenda for Thursday

One of the topics for the 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, meeting in the High School library of the El Dorado Springs R-II school board will be a proposal from Cedar County Sheriff James McCrary to provide an armed deputy as a school resource officer. Also on the agenda will be for the board to

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

The family of Helen Bausch appreciate your kindness and support at this time of sorrow. My heartfelt thanks to all the people who sent cards on my 97th birthday. Dorothy Kenimer We’re so grateful to have friends like you when we need it most. Thanks to Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home, Randy, Donna, RJ and Brent for

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Raspberry Cedar Arbor Old gardening books recommend growing raspberries in home gardens because they are delicate to move and hard to keep fresh. I decided to grow them because I love the berries and have had some in my garden in the past. Not that I planted them, the ones I found were wild ones

[ Read More ]

Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home

We want to say “Thank You” to those who have entrusted the care of their loved ones to us this past year. Thank you so much for placing your faith and confidence in us. The holiday season can be a difficult time of the year. The transition we must make after the loss of a

[ Read More ]

2018 Christmas lighting winners

SECOND PLACE HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING WINNER – Justin and Chelsea Jacobs – 610 S. High. Justin and Chelsea receive $75 off their utility bill. THIRD PLACE HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING WINNER – Michael Tracey – 1500 S. Vernon. Michael receives $50 off his utility bill. FOURTH PLACE HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING WINNER – David Levine and Sherry

[ Read More ]

Keep gifts out of sight

“It’s that wonderful holiday season. I encourage people to keep their gifts and valuables out of sight in their locked cars and make sure they or their neighbors get deliveries off the porches,” said El Dorado Springs Police Chief Jarrod Schiereck. “We’ve seen some larcenies from unlocked vehicles.” “That’s just some of the ideas,” the

[ Read More ]