Community

Parson keynote speaker at the Wall

Lieutenant Governor Mike Parson served as keynote speaker at two veteran events in Polk and Cedar Counties on Saturday. The Lieutenant Governor spoke at the Veterans Welcome Home Ceremony in Bolivar and at the opening ceremony of the Vietnam “Wall That Heals” traveling exhibit in Stockton. “I am proud of my service in the U.S.

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ Meeting Room on Thursday, May 11. Robbie opened the meeting and Kay led us in singing “Hand In Hand”. We said our TOPS & KOPS pledges. Marilyn led us in a series of exercises. Robbie led us in Roll

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Spent Spring Bulb Care It’s raining again as I write this so I am going to postpone, yet again, covering a long list of May gardening chores. We would all just get frustrated since we can’t get most of them done right now so let’s focus instead on one of them that is very pertinent,

[ Read More ]

Providing information

CHOLESTEROL Q:  My doctor told me my cholesterol is too high. What does this mean? What can I do to lower my cholesterol? A:  High cholesterol is when you have too much fat in the blood. High cholesterol can significantly increase your risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other problems. Because of this risk, you

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

On Perfect Life by Lisa Scottoline – A single mom’s efforts to support her shy star athlete son’s recruitment into a Division I college are violently complicated by a secretly disturbed young man from an affluent family and a new teacher with a mysterious agenda. The Night The Lights Went Out by Karen White –

[ Read More ]

TIFFIN BAPTIST CHURCH CELEBRATES ITS 125TH ANNIVERSARY

TIFFIN BAPTIST CHURCH CELEBRATES ITS 125TH ANNIVERSARY – The Tiffin Baptist Church celebrated it’s 125th anniversary on Sunday, May 7. The morning message was by James Smith, who pastored there from 1980 to 1982. Following the carry-in lunch, the afternoon program allowed former pastors and members the opportunity to share their memories of their time

[ Read More ]

MAY IS MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH

MAY IS MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS MONTH – In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, employees and auxiliary members at Cedar County Memorial Hospital came together to form a “human” green ribbon, the logo for mental health awareness. Our hospital is proud to invest in the mental health of our community through the Senior Life Solutions

[ Read More ]

DATE NIGHT

DATE NIGHT – Community Springs Healthcare Facility in El Dorado Springs recently started a new program called “Date Night” for residents with a spouse or significant other. During “Date Night” couples are offered their choice of meals and can enjoy it with their special someone in a private and loving environment. Couples are able to

[ Read More ]

CMH to celebrate health professionals

Citizens Memorial to observe National Hospital Week, May 7-13 and National Long-Term Care Week, May 14-20 “From providing medical care in the hospital, clinics and long-term care facilities to running vital programs in our communities, our CMH employees are committed to supporting the health and well-being of our residents,” says Donald J. Babb, Chief Executive

[ Read More ]

Rob Simon certified in wound care

Cedar County Memorial Hospital (CCMH) congratulates Rob Simon, R.N. on his recent Certification in Wound Care by the National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy Certification Board. Prior to managing CCMH’s Wound/Outpatient Clinic, Rob was a paramedic for 16 years and then received his RN license in 2007. Many individuals suffer from health conditions that

[ Read More ]