Community

West Union 4-H news

The West Union Kids 4-H club met Oct. 17, at West Union Missionary Baptist Church Pavilion. We conducted business as usual and installed officers with a candy bar installation. We had games and snacks afterwards. Submitted by Zoe Rains

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult – A powerful novel about ordinary lives that intersect during a heart-stopping crisis. Ambush by James Patterson – When a series of attacks targeting Michael Bennett injures one of his children and causes several deaths, the New York police officer leads a investigation throughout the five boroughs that

[ Read More ]

Providing information

BACK STRAIN Q:  I have a physically demanding job with that periodically gives me back aches.  What is the best way to handle them? A:  Back strain happens when you overstretch, or pull a muscle in your back, that causes pain. You may not even know how you hurt your back. Most back pain will

[ Read More ]

Hartzler Congratulates El Dorado Springs High School students

Congresswoman Vicky Hartzler (MO-4) congratulates the students of El Dorado Springs High School who attended her annual Youth Leadership Summit at the University of Missouri-Columbia on Tuesday, October 16th. Students heard presentations from individuals who shared their uniquely inspiring stories about success. “It was such an honor to spend time with these sharp young leaders

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Dear El Dorado Springs and surrounding communities, we, the family of Russ Hayes, would like to thank everyone for all of their love and support through this very difficult time in our lives. The love and compassion form you all, (family, friend, Fire, Police, EMS and strangers), has definitely helped us get through this difficult

[ Read More ]

Man hurt in one car mishap

Corrie D. Massie, 18, El Dorado springs, was taken by ambulance to Cox South, Springfield, with injuries listed as serious following a one vehicle mishap n Hwy. 97 nine miles north of Lockwood. According to the report by Cpl. Call, Massie was northbound in a 2002 GMC Sierra when the vehicle ran off the road,

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter 9319 morning meeting

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 18,  for their weekly weigh in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann called our meeting to order and Kay led us in singing “Trick or Treating” We said our TOPS & KOPS pledges. Marilyn led us

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Gift Zinnia Seeds Years ago, when I was focusing on what I would grow in my garden, I decided I would concentrate only on perennials because, once planted, they come back year after year. The one exception that kept creeping into those plans were zinnias, an annual originally from Mexico that needs to be planted

[ Read More ]

GARDEN CREATURES

GARDEN CREATURES – Don Baker found these unusual sweet potatoes in one of his barrel gardens recently. Baker is known for his green thumb and his ability to coax vegetables out of the ground late in the growing season.

[ Read More ]

Twentieth Century Club meets

Submitted by Lana Sue Jones The Twentieth Century Club met on Oct. 8 with Ruth Woody who served as hostess and Jean Wernel as co-hostess. President Jean Wernel called the meeting to order with 11 members in attendance. The opinion given by Sharyl Henry was entitled Old Age Is Not For Sissies. A person needs

[ Read More ]