Community

TOPS MO #9319 El Dorado Springs morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018.  For their weekly weigh in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann called our meeting to order and Kay led us in singing “Our TOPS” We said our pledges. Sheryl led us in roll call and walking

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

October 2018 Gardening Chores It’s going to seem odd but it is now time to start enjoying garden bounty. With the longest 2018 spring in Missouri recorded history, produce is appearing in my garden.  Finally. 1. From cherry tomatoes, onions, a variety of herbs and a volunteer cantaloupe, I don’t have much to gather this

[ Read More ]

Providing information

RAGWEED Q: I have unbelievable problems with ragweed allergies this time of year. Any thoughts? A: Ragweed. Yes, I can identify. It is one of the seasons in Missouri I do not look forward to. Allergies occur when your immune system overreacts to certain substances. Allergies can be mild or severe. Over the counter medications

[ Read More ]

Helping the food insecure, dairy farmers

Submitted by Megan Richner The Cedar County Farm Bureau Board members accepted the 10-gallon milk challenge that has been circulating social media to help the struggling dairy market. They donated whole milk to the SAMA Food Pantry in Stockton and to the Church of Christ Food Pantry in El Dorado Springs.This is also part of

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Thank you to all who came to give your pint of live saving blood at the El Dorado Springs Church of Christ on Thursday, September 13th.  Our goal at this Blood Drive was to collect 32 units. We had a great turn out with 38 units actually being collected. We are so thankful to our

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Wily Webs One of the signs of fall in my garden is not usually easy to see but you know it when you walk into it. Spider webs and spider traps. Most mornings I now take a walk carrying a long stick so I can easily relocate the garden spiders setting up their sticky traps

[ Read More ]

TOPS Club 9319 morning meeting news

On Sept. 20, Sheryl called our meeting to order and ask Carol, our substitute song leader, to lead us in a song. The song for the day was A TOPS Club Clover. We had 24 weigh in today with a net gain of 12.4 lbs. Melissa lost 4 lbs. this week making her our best

[ Read More ]

58th ANNUAL ` BLACK WALNUT` FESTIVAL

September 27-29  Stockton City Park SCHEDULE OF EVENTS Thursday, September 27th 9:00-10:00 Black Walnut Contest Judging (Hammons Products) *Nuts must be turned into Hammons Products by 5PM on Wednesday 11:00-7:00 Community Quilt Show, Community Building 12:00 Opening Ceremony, Park Entrance, High School Band 2:00 Hammons Products Tours 4:00 Terrapin Race Registration, Stage 5:00 Terrapin Race,

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

Mystery of Three Quarters by Sophie Hannah – Accused by strangers of trying to set them up for murder. Hercule Poirot teams up with Scotland Yard policeman Edward Catchpool to investigate the drowning death of an elderly man. Juror #3 by James Patterson and Nancy Allen – Tapped by a relentless prosecutor who would exploit

[ Read More ]

Cedar Co. Sheriff’s Office cracks down on child restraint violations

Missouri law requires all children under the age of eight to be in an appropriate child safety seat or booster seat unless they are 80 lbs. or 4’9” tall. Cedar County Sheriff’s Office announced today they are joining with law enforcement September 23-29 for the annual Child Passenger Safety Week Law Enforcement Campaign to crack

[ Read More ]