Community

CHAMPION OF TRANSIT

CHAMPION OF TRANSIT –  As part of its 2018 State Conference and Expo, the Missouri Public Transit Association (MPTA) recently celebrated the incredible efforts of several individuals for their exemplary commitment to championing transit in the state of Missouri. During the event, the MPTA presented an award to Brian Koger (right) with the the City

[ Read More ]

TOP GOAT SHOWMAN

TOP GOAT SHOWMAN – Macy Stauffer,a 7th grader from El Dorado Springs, recently found success at the Missouri State Fair.  After an intense intermediate market goat showmanship class lasting 25 minutes, she received the honor of top showman with her goat, Maverick.  Macy, the daughter of Matthew and Rachel Stauffer, is  a13 years old member

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society update

by Connie Maupin The Cedar County Historical Society held their monthly meeting Sept. 24, at the museum in Stockton. Members present were President, Judy Nichols, Vice-president, Judith Cain, Secretary, Connie Maupin, Assistant Treasurer, Anna Hopkins, Luella Phipps, Sharyl Henry, Bob Phillips and Chris Barber. The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance. The August secretary’s

[ Read More ]

Jennifer Saderstrom departs El Dorado Springs Chamber

Chamber assistant Jennifer Saderstrom has taken a full time position with a company in Nevada. In her time with the organization Jennifer transformed the chamber’s book keeping and assisted with many projects. Jennifer said she has thoroughly enjoyed her time at the El Dorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and loves the people she’s created relationships

[ Read More ]

Peggy Snodgrass Returns to El Dorado Springs Chamber

Peggy Snodgrass is returning to the El Dorado Springs Chamber of Commerce. As most of you know, Peggy was the chamber’s Assistant Director from 2014 to 2017. She was instrumental in the Sidewalk to the Future campaign, Christmas Light Updates, Annual Gala, senior scholarship committee and more. Peggy said of her return “I’ve really missed

[ Read More ]

TOPS MO #9319 El Dorado Springs morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Sept. 27, 2018.  For their weekly weigh in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann called our meeting to order and Kay led us in singing “Our TOPS” We said our pledges. Sheryl led us in roll call and walking

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

October 2018 Gardening Chores It’s going to seem odd but it is now time to start enjoying garden bounty. With the longest 2018 spring in Missouri recorded history, produce is appearing in my garden.  Finally. 1. From cherry tomatoes, onions, a variety of herbs and a volunteer cantaloupe, I don’t have much to gather this

[ Read More ]

Providing information

RAGWEED Q: I have unbelievable problems with ragweed allergies this time of year. Any thoughts? A: Ragweed. Yes, I can identify. It is one of the seasons in Missouri I do not look forward to. Allergies occur when your immune system overreacts to certain substances. Allergies can be mild or severe. Over the counter medications

[ Read More ]

Helping the food insecure, dairy farmers

Submitted by Megan Richner The Cedar County Farm Bureau Board members accepted the 10-gallon milk challenge that has been circulating social media to help the struggling dairy market. They donated whole milk to the SAMA Food Pantry in Stockton and to the Church of Christ Food Pantry in El Dorado Springs.This is also part of

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Thank you to all who came to give your pint of live saving blood at the El Dorado Springs Church of Christ on Thursday, September 13th.  Our goal at this Blood Drive was to collect 32 units. We had a great turn out with 38 units actually being collected. We are so thankful to our

[ Read More ]