Community

New pastor

Independence Community Church has new pastor, maybe new to the Independence Community Church but not new to the community. Rev. Randy Handly was born in Nevada and is a graduate of Metz High School. He has traveled throughout the United States and six different countries, sharing his Southern/Country Gospel Music and preaching the Word. He

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Just want to say a big than you for the surprise goodie box that I received from the Chamber of Commerce. I am teaching at the ElDo Christian School and that will really help out. Thank you again, Mrs. Gingerich, K-4 I would like to thank everyone who sent me flowers, gifts and cards and

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter 9319 ElDo morning meeting

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Aug.16, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann called our meeting to order and Kay led us in singing “It’s Not Too Late” We said our pledges and Sheryl led us in Roll Call. Sheryl said

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Hummers v. Bees There’s a tiny battle taking place this time of year. Honeybees are chasing hummingbirds off their sugar feeders and a number of callers have asked how to keep the bees away. Actually, a couple callers said my honeybees are “invading” their feeders but since they live more than 5 miles away, I

[ Read More ]

Galvin-Vickers reunion held

The 66th annual Galvin-Vickers family reunion was held Sunday, Aug. 19, 2018, with 25 family members attending. The 1 p.m. dinner was held at First Christian Church Hall, during a much needed rain shower. Pictures were taken, announcement made and blessing was given by Kyle Vickers. Several family members shared how the reunion began 66

[ Read More ]

Fugate Kennedy Family reunion

The annual Fugate Kennedy family reunion was held Sunday, Aug. 19, in the Sac Osage Electric meeting room. Everyone enjoy the delicious meal and the time we all spent visiting. Those attending from out of town were: Dwight Beydler, Janice  and Joan Beydler, Independence; Dawn Scott and Maxine Scott, Baldwin City, KS., Kathleen Jenkins, Stover:,

[ Read More ]

Stork Report

Cody and Taylor Claflin, Sheldon, are proud to announce the birth of a son, Cameron Mitchell Claflin. He weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21 inches long.

[ Read More ]

Leftover from the Picnic

HULA HOOP –  Age 5 and under: first place – Penelope Kinnett; second place – Alayna Todd; third place – Callie Holguin. HULA HOOP –  Age 6 – 8: first place – Charlotte Beckmann; second place – Maci Walter; third place – Maddix Robison.

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

The Sinners by Ace Atkins – When the recently released patriarch of a drug-dealing clan begins targeting the family of the man responsible for his long imprisonment, Quinn Colson finds himself relying on new deputies to survive Old West acts of violence. A Noise Downstairs by Linwood Barclay – Battling PTSD and depression after an

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

Summer Band Time Running Out If you are waiting to come to a Summer Band Concert, don’t wait much longer. We have two full weekends and one Friday night left for our summer concert season. That means we only have seven concerts remaining before August is over! We are saying farewell to many college students

[ Read More ]