Community

Woman hurt in tubing mishap

Diane Y. Petifurk, 56, Pleasant Valley, suffered injuries listed as serious in a tubing accident at 7 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5, on the Big Sac Arm of Stockton Lake. The report by Cpl M. C. Mason, said the victim was being towed by a 2006 Glastron boat driven by Steven L. Petifurd, 62, Pleasant Valley,

[ Read More ]

MoDOT waives $32 hay hauling fee

Severe drought conditions through much of the state have prompted the Missouri Department of Transportation to offer a special overwidth hauling permit to help farmers and ranchers move hay as needed. Loads must be of legal height, length and weight. Permits can be requested via phone and will, in most cases, be issued within minutes

[ Read More ]

TOPS MO #9319 El Dorado Springs morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway Tuesday, July 31, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. We met on Tuesday instead of Thursday due to Vacation Bible School being held at the church on Thursday. We will be back to our regular schedule of Thursday’s next week.

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

August Gardening Chores This month has started cool and wet , unusual for a Missouri August. Considered the dearth month, August is usually hot and dry. Not that I am complaining, it is a good respite from the record hot temperatures of the past two months.  Planting in USDA hardiness zone 5B, here are the

[ Read More ]

37th Annual Steward Reunion held

The 37th annual Steward reunion was held Aug. 4 and 5, 2018. The group gathered at the home of Leon and Debee Steward for a carry-in supper and visiting on Saturday night.  The group then gathered at the Sac Osage Electric Cooperative Community Room on Sunday for lunch and more visiting. Door prizes were won

[ Read More ]

Providing information

FATIGUE IV Q:  I am tired all of the time.  Why? A:  I am continuing my series on medical problems that cause fatigue. Today, I will discuss two more medical causes of fatigue and things to look for. The first is anemia. Anemia is a low level of red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout

[ Read More ]

Shed burns to ground

About 4:15 a.m. Wednesday July 25, the El Dorado Springs Volunteer Fire Department was called to East Joe Davis were a vacant shed was fully engulfed. The structure was a total loss.

[ Read More ]

Thank You

The El Do Youth Center thanks the Stockton Lake Sertoma Club for its generous donation which funded a week-long free craft class in El Dorado Springs for 23 young people ages six to 12. Children used their creativity in designing and flying airplanes,  painting on a variety of surfaces including canvas and drawing and coloring

[ Read More ]

SINGING FOR CHRIST

SINGING FOR CHRIST – Pictured (from left) Cousins Ashley Kaemmerling, Zoey McInroy and Gracie Swopes blessed the congregations with a beautiful song.

[ Read More ]

Candidate profiles for Tuesday, Aug. 7, election

Dear Candidate: In the interest of helping our readers become better informed voters, we at the El Dorado Springs Sun, newspaper are contacting each opposed candidate in election races in our coverage area to give you a chance to provide information which we will publish prior to the Aug. 7 primary. We need to have

[ Read More ]