Community

Providing information

FATIGUE Q: I am tired all of the time.  Why? A: I am continuing my series on medical problems that cause fatigue. Today, I will discuss more medical causes of fatigue and things to look for. The first is anxiety. Anxiety is a type of medical problem.  It can interfere with your life. Chronic anxiety

[ Read More ]

CMH welcomes Dr. Ryan Denney to medical staff

Citizens Memorial Hospital (CMH) announces the appointment of gastroenterologist, Ryan E. Denney, D.O., to the CMH medical staff. Dr. Denney will begin his practice with CMH Gastroenterology Clinic, Bolivar, on Aug. 1, 2018. Dr. Denney is board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine. He is a graduate of Kansas

[ Read More ]

2018 Felty family reunion to be held

Family and friends will meet Saturday, July 21, at Dederick Christian Church. Please bring a basket lunch to share at noon. Table service will be provided. There will be some newly discovered family history info on display. The entertainment will be each person telling something that might not be known about their “Felty person.” Come

[ Read More ]

CMH welcomes Dr. Christina Otterness to medical staff

Citizens Memorial Hospital (CMH) announces the appointment of pathologist, Christina Otterness, D.O., to the CMH medical staff. Dr. Otterness joined CMH Pathology Services on July 2, 2018. Dr. Otterness is board certified in Clinical and Anatomic Pathology by the American Board of Pathology. She is a graduate of A.T. Still University Kirksville College of Osteopathic

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Rendering Bees Wax When people find out I am a beekeeper, the second question they usually ask is what do I do with all of the honey. What they really should be asking is what do I do with all of the more valuable bee hive by-product, the lovely golden yellow bees wax. Honeybees are

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter 9319 morning meeting

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, July 5, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann Walker called the meeting to order. Carol led us in singing “TOPSI DOODLE”. We said our pledges. Sheryl Ann led us in roll call and walking report.

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

The Patchwork Bride by Sandra Dallas – Working on a bridal quilt for a granddaughter who abruptly calls off the wedding, Ellen imparts the story of a woman who avoided marriage twice before finding the love of her life. Island of the Mad by Laurie King – When a friend’s mentally unstable aunt goes missing

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

We had a great time celebrating the 4th of July last weekend and honoring all Veterans in the audience. Thank you to all who have served and to their families who have supported them as they were gone from home. This weekend we will play Friday and Saturday evening from 8-9 p.m. On Saturday we

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

The El Dorado Springs Picnic would like to thank our wonderful sponsors of our 1st annual entertainment fundraiser. It was a wonderful success. A huge thank you to our golfers and especially a big thank you to Dick Gardner for guiding a bunch of novices. H & R Block, Fugate Motors, Generation III, Dash Floor

[ Read More ]

TOPS MO #9319 El Dorado Springs morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, June 27. For their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann Walker called the meeting to order. Carol led us in singing “To TOPS Club We Go.” We said our pledges. Sheryl Ann led us in roll call

[ Read More ]