Community

Land of Lakes Youth Fair

GRAND CHAMPION STEER – a the LOL Youth Fair was shown by Kraysen Leonard. Legacy Farm and Lawn. Re[resermted by Ddarren Mead, purchased the animal, premium only) for $450. GRAND CHAMPION HEIFER – at the LOL Youth Fair was shown by Heifer Whisperer Avery Schiereck. GRAND CHAMPION CHICKENS – at the LOL Youth Fair,

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) Chapter #9319 morning meeting

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway Thursday morning, July 12, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann Walker called the meeting to order. Kay led us in singing “Onward TOPS & KOPS.” Sheryl Ann led us in roll call and walking report.  Twenty-two weighed-in

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Snappy Turtle I have lost count of the number of turtles I have helped cross a road. Usually they are a variety of Missouri box turtle; Missouri is home to 18 different turtle species. Over the years, it’s the box turtles that have hung around my garden. Lefty Louie was a three-legged box turtle that

[ Read More ]

Beydler reunion held June 24

The 63rd. annual Beydler reunion was held June 24, 2018, in Sac Osage Electric community room. There were 47 present with everyone enjoying a carry in lunch at 12:30 p.m. and visiting with extended family. The oldest there was Virginia Beydler 96 years old and youngest was Lincoln Coffer 2 year old son of Kelsey

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

Kansas City trumpet player to perform We would like to invite everyone to a very special concert Saturday, July 14, at 8 p.m. Our Municipal Band will be hosting a guest musician from the Kansas City area who will be performing “The Southern Cross” accompanied by our Band. This song will feature Dwight Rhodes, our

[ Read More ]

Providing information

FATIGUE Q: I am tired all of the time.  Why? A: I am continuing my series on medical problems that cause fatigue. Today, I will discuss more medical causes of fatigue and things to look for. The first is anxiety. Anxiety is a type of medical problem.  It can interfere with your life. Chronic anxiety

[ Read More ]

CMH welcomes Dr. Ryan Denney to medical staff

Citizens Memorial Hospital (CMH) announces the appointment of gastroenterologist, Ryan E. Denney, D.O., to the CMH medical staff. Dr. Denney will begin his practice with CMH Gastroenterology Clinic, Bolivar, on Aug. 1, 2018. Dr. Denney is board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine. He is a graduate of Kansas

[ Read More ]

2018 Felty family reunion to be held

Family and friends will meet Saturday, July 21, at Dederick Christian Church. Please bring a basket lunch to share at noon. Table service will be provided. There will be some newly discovered family history info on display. The entertainment will be each person telling something that might not be known about their “Felty person.” Come

[ Read More ]

CMH welcomes Dr. Christina Otterness to medical staff

Citizens Memorial Hospital (CMH) announces the appointment of pathologist, Christina Otterness, D.O., to the CMH medical staff. Dr. Otterness joined CMH Pathology Services on July 2, 2018. Dr. Otterness is board certified in Clinical and Anatomic Pathology by the American Board of Pathology. She is a graduate of A.T. Still University Kirksville College of Osteopathic

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Rendering Bees Wax When people find out I am a beekeeper, the second question they usually ask is what do I do with all of the honey. What they really should be asking is what do I do with all of the more valuable bee hive by-product, the lovely golden yellow bees wax. Honeybees are

[ Read More ]