Community

66th Welch/Gerster reunion held

The reunion was held in the El Dorado Springs Civic Center. This is the 63rd reunion held in the El Dorado Springs Park and now the Civic Center. Everyone introduced themselves and how they were kin to the Welchs and Gersters. The group was called together by Nancy Bailey and Sharon Barger, remembering the loved

[ Read More ]

CLASS OF 63 GATHERS

CLASS OF 63 GATHERS – The 1963 El Dorado Springs 55th HS class reunion was celebrated at the home of Roy and Elva Weber on Saturday, June 9, with a plethora of food including barbecued ribs and delicious brownies. Those attending were Roy Weber and Bob Eaves, recorder of the Class of 1963. Due to

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

Saturday Evening – Dinner in the Park On Friday evening, the El Dorado Springs Municipal Band will play from 8-9 as usual. Saturday will be a special treat as Sam and Ron, the Tunesmiths, hammer out some smooth old songs and folks eat a meal catered by Count on Us Catering. This special evening begins

[ Read More ]

Providing information

FATIGUE Q: I am tired all the time. I never want to get out of my chair. What can I do? A: Now, that is a complaint that I do hear frequently. Fatigue is a feeling of tiredness or lack of energy. You can feel fatigue is you get too much or not enough exercise.

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

By Invitation Only by Dorothea Benton Frank – A young sophisticated Chicago woman falls for the owner of a farm on John’s Island, a lush lowcountry paradise off the coast of South Carolina, and trades the bustle of cosmopolitan city life for the vagaries of a small Southern community. The Forgotten Road by Richard Paul

[ Read More ]

Mt. Hebron White Hall Cemetery report

2017 total donations – $505 Checking interest – .66 Upkeep and mowing – $380 CD balance – $10,000 CD interest – $30 Please send thank you for donations to Nelda Coleman, 3295 S. 175 Rd., El Dorado Springs, MO 64744. 876-5630. or Rick Tompkins, 503 W. Carmen Rd., El Dorado Springs, MO 64744. 296-3997.

[ Read More ]

2017-18 Union Point Cemetary report

On Sunday, May 27, 2018, the Union Point Cemetery yearly meeting was held. The meeting was called to order with seven present. Among those present were Kristi Toliver, treasurer, David Leonard, board member, Buell Cochran, board member and Julie Kingsbury, board member. It was agreed Buell Cochran would continue to mow the cemetery.  The existing

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

The El Dorado Springs Senior Center would like to give our heartfelt thanks to the following for making out three-day flea market a success – Ken Hacker, all volunteers for assisting, the community for their donations and out Advisory Board Chair Connie Sulter, who oversaw the project. Thank you all or helping raise needed funds

[ Read More ]

2018 El Dorado Springs Cemetery donations

$3,000 – Dennis Reaves $100 – Shirley Lynn, Forrest and Sally Troyer, Kirk Sibley, Glen H Jones, Tim and Peggy Carter, Brent and Jennifer Bland and Lorene Kennon. $75 – Jerry and Carlene Brackenridge $50 – Ruby Fields, Jordon Cantrell, Lawrence Hicks, Leona Bland, Vera Whitesell, Randy Schwalm, Kay Anderson, James and Judy Brackenridge, Wanda

[ Read More ]