Community

ELDO TAEKWONDO COMPETES

ELDO TAEKWONDO COMPETES – El Dorado Springs’ Rising Sun Taekwondo students and instructors attended the Midwest Taekwondo Association Invitational Tournament on March 10. Competitors were divided by belt level, age and gender.  All of their students placed in the tournament. Front row from left: Ella Simpson (3rd in forms and 2nd in sparring), Stephen Kish

[ Read More ]

LINCOLN DAYS BRINGS OUT CANDIDIATES

LINCOLN DAYS BRINGS OUT CANDIDATES – State Senator Sandy Crawford, 28th District, was one of many candidates who spoke at the Lincoln Day Dinner held in Stockton on Saturday, March 24. Several candidates were present and others sent a representative to speak on their behalf.

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Signs of Spring When I think of spring, I imagine two favorite signs now connected by a thoughtful gift from an East coast colleague that shows up with the first early spring flowers. We had worked together a few years back. When we were on breaks or sharing a meal, we enjoyed comparing notes about

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter 9319 morning meeting

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ Meeting Room Thursday, March 22. Leader, Sheryl Ann Walker called the meeting to order. Carol led us in singing “Rock Off The Pounds” We said our pledges. Then Marilyn led us in a series of exercises. Carol passed out

[ Read More ]

Providing information

GERD Q: I have this terrible heartburn and use about 20 Tums a day. Should I be worried? A: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is the backward flow of stomach acid into the esophagus. The esophagus is the tube from your throat to your stomach. A valve normally prevents the stomach acid from moving up into

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Thanks to the El Dorado Fire Department and all who helped save our property and held our loss to a minimum. Ronald Purtle family El Dorado Eagles Club would like to thank all of the businesses and buyers that donated or bought items for our High Hope Auction and Gun Raffle. Because of your generosity,

[ Read More ]

Tops hosts Potato Bake

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the El Dorado Springs Community Center on Thursday, March 8. Leader Sheryl Ann Walker called the meeting to order for a short meeting prior to our Baked Potato Luncheon. Twenty-five weighed in today. We had a net gain of 2.8 lbs. Best loser

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Answering Emails: When to Plant? “When do you plant beets? I’m new at this gardening thing but have bought and pickled beets for years. I think I might try planting my own this year. Any advice? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.http://extension.missouri.edu/henry/documents/G6201%20Veg.pdf. – Terri Hi, Terri, University of Missouri Extension has a wonderful guide

[ Read More ]

PROGRESS CLUB DONATES

PROGRESS CLUB DONATES – Becky Gazaway, representing the Progress Club, donated $500 to Camp Galilee which was received by Katrina Herschberger, director of  Camp Galilee. The funds will be used to further the activities of the Christian Youth Camps.

[ Read More ]