Community

TOPS hears how to make all foods fit

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the Church of Christ meeting room on Thursday, Jan. 25. Leader Sheryl Ann called the meeting to order and Kay led us in singing “We’ll Lose Weight”. Twenty-Eight weighed in today and the chapter had a net loss of 15.6 lbs. Week’s best loser was a tie

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society meets

by Connie Maupin The Cedar County Historical Society held their first meeting of 2018 on Jan. 29 in the museum in Stockton. Members in attendance were President Judy Nichols, Vice President Judith Cain, Secretary Connie Maupin, Treasurer Shirley Potts, Luella Phipps, Sharyl Henry, Anna Laura Hopkins, Kenneth Potts, Chris Barber and Bob Phillips. President Judy

[ Read More ]

Give Valentine’s Day flowers some TLC

Valentine’s Day flowers, like love, can stand the test of time if given a little TLC. Call it flor-amore. Proper care and a homemade preservative provide an extended warranty of sorts to make certain flowers last up to twice as long, said University of Missouri Extension horticulturist David Trinklein. Cut flowers age when they lose

[ Read More ]

Send belated birthday wishes

Editor’s note: Due to an error while laying out a newspaper page last week, we failed to print this birthday notice. Please send cards now. Polly Bybee celebrated her 80th birthday on Monday, Feb. 5. Please help us wish her a belated Happy Birthday with a card shower. Please mail birthday cards to: Polly Bybee,

[ Read More ]

Bybee, Bailey engagement told

Mr. and Mrs. Delbert Bybee of rural Schell City are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Bailee Lorree Bybee, to Dalton Linn Bailey, son of Linn and Rhonda Bailey of Lamar. Ms. Bybee graduated from El Dorado Christian School in 2013. She graduated from Crowder College in May 2016 with a dual Associate’s

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Answering Questions: Christmas Cactus Out of Sync “The Christmas cactus from my grandmother is getting ready to bloom, what did I do wrong? – Martha Hi Martha, I also have a “Christmas” cactus blooming right now, I’m embracing the blooms and calling it my winter cactus. These hardy tropical plants need a little help to

[ Read More ]

65th Wedding Anniversary

Abner and Mary Lou Jones of El Dorado Springs will celebrate 65 years of marriage on Feb. 17, 2018. Abner and Mary Lou were married in Stockton in 1953 and remained in the area farming and raising their family. They have three children – Cathy (Jones) and Dave Ketterman of Nixa, Carla (Jones) and Doug

[ Read More ]

Thank You

Thank You The family of Danny Lane Compton wish to express our appreciation and thanks for the many acts of kindness and sympathy shown to us during Danny’s illness and death. This includes: the entire staff of Mercy Clinic of El Dorado Springs, everyone that brought food, plants or flowers or offered to help in

[ Read More ]

Providing information

ANGINA Q: I have an extensive history of heart problems in my family. My dad died at 50 with a heart attack. I have been having some chest pain and am worried about it. What should I do? A: This is a good topic considering that February is almost here and it is Heart Month.

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Cedar County has the kindest group of EMTs, firefighters, ambulance crew, deputies and medical people who waited for our children’s arrival Dec. 28, 2017. No words can relay our appreciation for all the love and respect paid to our Dean. The St. Jude donations, food, flowers, cards, calls and home visits and donations for Panky

[ Read More ]