Community

New books at Cedar County Library

Home Sweet Murder by James Patterson – Second volume in partnership with Discovery ID to develop all-new, ID branded true crime stories released in conjunction with the on-air television premiere of this series. Murder Interrupted by James Patterson – Volume one in partnership with Discovery ID to develop all-new, ID branded true crime stories released

[ Read More ]

MSU Dean’s list, graduation list

Dean’s list El Dorado Springs – Jessica Bruce, Travis Cameron, Kimberly Cox, Paige Dobbs, John King, Mallory Lanser, Shelby Loane, Cameron McPeak, Kylie Moeller, Dylan Timmermann and Lindsay Daniel. Graduation list El Dorado Springs – Mallory Ann Lanser: BSED, Magna Cum Laude and Dylan G. Timmermann: BS.

[ Read More ]

Union Hall 4-H meets

by Sydney Barger Reporter/Photographer Union Hall 4-H met Jan. 10, at the Land-O-Lakes Fairgrounds for our regular meeting. Those who participated in the Salvation Army Bell Ringing gave a report of their experience ringing the bell. A Fair Board report was given with an update of changes to animal weigh-in. If you are sending in

[ Read More ]

Southern Fried Armadillo

1 Armadillo, quartered and deboned 1⁄2 tsp salt 1⁄4 tsp pepper 1/8 tsp Red pepper (optional) Flour and cooking oil Cut meat in small steaks. Mix salt and peppers together and sprinkle both sides of steaks. Coat both sides of meat with flour. Fry meat in preheated cooking oil over medium heat until both sides

[ Read More ]

TOPS baked potato luncheon March 15

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs  (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)met in the Church of Christ Sanctuary on Thursday, Jan. 18. Leader Sheryl Ann Walker called the meeting to order and Carol led us in singing “It’s Not Too Late.” Seventeen weighed in today, the chapter had a net loss of 12.2 lbs. Warren H. was

[ Read More ]

DONATION TO WALKER FIRE

DONATION TO WALKER FIRE – The Walker Rural Fire Department was recently a recipient of a check from Smithfield Hog Production Division for $100.   The check was presented by Dave Reedy to Russell Hays, Walker Rural Fire Chief.    Many other donations have been received recently and all are appreciated but we have no

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Borrowing Honeybees Periodically I am asked to either bring my honeybee hives to someone’s property or to find beekeepers who would be willing to bring their hives to pollinate – blueberry, elderberry or whatever crops – for free. In a couple of emails, the property owners wanted to charge beekeepers rent to bring the hives

[ Read More ]

TOPS Thursday evening Chapter #1325

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) MO 1325, meets at 6 p.m every Thursday evening in Grace United Methodist, 201 East Broadway. Visitors are always welcome (preteens, teens, and adults – male and female). The first meeting is free. For information, contact Becky Dade at 417/296-5614, bdade60@gmail.com. This week in our meeting: The meeting was called

[ Read More ]

Providing information

SAFE AT HOME Q: After visiting my elderly mother over the holidays, I am stressed out because she is getting forgetful and I worry she won’t be safe. Is there anything I can do to make it safer for her? A: You can help protect you mother by making the home safer. I’ll just list

[ Read More ]

Library Friends announce change

The local Friends of the Library, Inc. group would like to announce to our long time customers that they will no longer do the annual Valentine Fundraiser. Over the course of the last 20 plus years the community support of our project has been phenomenal. The project can only be considered a rousing success. The

[ Read More ]