Community

Gardening Charlotte

January Gardening Chores You bet there are gardening chores in January, it’s the one month when a gardener can sit back and do some of the most important work: dreaming and planning. Most of mid-Missouri is in USDA zone 5b which means the last frost is in May and the first frost around Halloween, although

[ Read More ]

Providing information

WINTER BLUES Q:  This time of year, I get very moody and depressed. Is this common?  What can I do? A:  Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that some people get during the short days of winter. You feel unhappy and tired. Your family may think you are grouchy during winter. We think

[ Read More ]

Thank Yous

We sincerely want to thank everyone for their expressions of sympathy and showing of love towards us since the death of our sweet Jordan. To all of you who have supported us with food, cards, flowers, prayers and donations to her Memorial Fund, you will always be remembered during this difficult time. Your support is

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter #9319 morning class

Meeting was called to order on Dec. 28 by our Leader Sheryl Ann W. We sang “This Is My Lose Year” to get us ready for the coming New Year. Angie D. had our program today. Angie led us in exercises. It’s good to get our bodies moving – even for a little while. Every

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

2018 Gardening Calendar To keep my major gardening chores organized, years ago I developed a gardening calendar associated with federal holidays to help me remember important milestones. This came in handy when I worked away from home full-time because it helped me get supplies and plan ahead for what I wanted to get done on

[ Read More ]

CHRISTMAS WITH THE SCHLUP GUYS

CHRISTMAS WITH THE SCHLUP GUYS –Four generations of Schlups met at the Schell City Community Building before Christmas. (From left) Roy Schlup,and Frank Schlup; (kneeling) Brian Schlup holding Joseph Schulp.

[ Read More ]

Providing information

NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS Q: I want this to be the year I resolve to get healthy. Where do I start? A: The time approaches where we often make vows and plans to change. To stop a negative, unhealthy behavior, or start a new, healthier one, we must be realistic. Rome wasn’t built in one day.

[ Read More ]

CMH welcomes family nurse practitioner to neurology clinic

Citizens Memorial Hospital announces the appointment of Family Nurse Practitioner Daniel Ferguson, NP-C, to CMH Neurology Clinic and Missouri Memory Center. Ferguson joins Board Certified Neurologist Curtis P. Schreiber, M.D.; Physician Assistant Bethany Corey, PA-C; Board Certified Neuropsychologist Robert Denny, Psy.D., ABPP; and Psychologist Dana LaMair, Psy.D. Ferguson earned a bachelor science in nursing from

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

We want to thank everyone who came to our 40th anniversary. It was a great day with family and friends. Thanks to Dick Scotten and Carl Scotten for the special music. A special thanks to our daughters, Tania, Pam, Gena, Misty and Terri for planning and doing all the work. Thanks Steve for all your

[ Read More ]

TOPS hears about stress and body weight

Sheryl had the program today. She took her discussion from TOPS Choice Is Mine book. She talked about stress and body weight. Different people react in different ways to stress. Stress is caused by many things and is increasing due to the busy world we all live in. Stress releases hormones called cortisol which can

[ Read More ]