Community

57th ANNUAL ` BLACK WALNUT` FESTIVAL

September 27-30, Stockton City Park SCHEDULE OF EVENTS Wednesday, September 27th 1:00    FFA Pie Contest (Pies Due By 12:00 at High School) 2:00 Hammons Products Tours 3:45 Opening Ceremony, Park Entrance 6:00 Tractor Pull Registration, Stage 6:00 Opening Ceremony, Park Entrance 6:00-10:00 Fun Time Carnival 6:30-7:30 Tractor Pull, Stage 6:00-8:00  Youth Worship Night, Platform Thursday,

[ Read More ]

Ambulance Board holds short meeting

The Cedar County Ambulance District board met Monday, Sept. 18, in the El Dorado Springs Ambulance Barn. Meeting called to order at 6:39. Roll call Present: John Wilson Chairman Nadine Sinclair Evelyn Boyle Rusty Norval Absent: Kenny Turner Vice Chairman Keith Kasco Sec/Tres. Agenda Approval: A motion was made by Wilson to approve the agenda

[ Read More ]

CBCO donors provide more blood in hurricane relief effort

CBCO donors were able to provide 100 units of blood to hurricane ravaged areas of Florida during the past week. Separate shipments went to Lee Memorial Hospital in Ft. Myers, FL, and OneBlood, the independent supplier of blood to many hospitals in Florida. Blood donations have just resumed in the areas hit by Hurricane Irma,

[ Read More ]

CCAD Financial report

During the Sept. 18 Cedar County Ambulance District monthly meeting, CPA Kalena Bruce gave her financial report. As of Aug. 31, the district had $601,143.22 in cash and cash equivalents down $104,936.48 from a year earlier. Accounts receivable was $7,241.53, down $6,705.47 from a year earlier. Total assets were $1,972,980.86, up $111,827.95 from a year

[ Read More ]

Kalena Kenney passionate about agriculture

Thank you for that kind introduction. I’m pleased to be here tonight. I hope to share with you a little about myself, my Farm Bureau experience and what we’ve been working hard to accomplish for you this year. As you just heard I am Kalena Bruce, a 5th generation farmer from Stockton. I’ve brought my

[ Read More ]

Celebrate the foundation of America

There are two documents of paramount importance to American history: The Declaration of Independence, which forged our national identity and the United States Constitution, which set forth the framework for the federal government that is still in use today. While Independence Day is a beloved national holiday, fewer people know about Constitution Week, an annual

[ Read More ]

John Marshall pleads guilty

John Marshall pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 12 years in the Missouri Department of Corrections for the crime of statutory sodomy. The defendant will be required to serve 85% of his sentence before becoming eligible for parole.

[ Read More ]

Sheldon man killed in hit and run

A hit and run driver killed Billy J. Willis, 60, Sheldon, at 7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 17, on Hwy. DD 10 miles southeast of Nevada who was riding a bicycle. According to the report by Cpl. Baird of the Highway Patrol, the mishap occurred when the unknown driver struck Mr. Willis in the rear knocking

[ Read More ]

Thank you

Thank you so much for all the cards and kind messages in honor of my 92nd birthday. I was completely shocked and am truly grateful. Evelyn Harvey

[ Read More ]

Route 54 Cruisers Thank you to our top sponsors

We want to thank all the sponsors who made the Route 54 Cruisers Car Show such a success. We especially want to thank our top sponsors. Fugate Motors, ATMS, LLC, Sonic Drive-In (El Dorado Springs and Stockton), Evans, Show Me Metals, Metz Bank, Randy Bland Used Cars, Gobbler’s Roost Restaurant, Czech Tech Auto, Sheldon Funeral

[ Read More ]