Community

New books at Cedar County John D. Smith Library

Cat Shining Bright by Shirley Rousseau Murphy – Missing his crime-solving work in spite of his delight in training his three kittens, cat detective Joe Grey assists an investigation into the murders of a beautician and one of her customers, only to have his kittens complicate the case. The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter –

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Words can not adequately express my love and appreciation to friends, students and church family during my extended period of ‘down time’ and more recently. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me. Thank everyone that sent a hundred cards for the ’90’ Celebration. There are no words to express my love to Lana and

[ Read More ]

HEY, ROYALS FANS

HEY, ROYALS  FANS – Come on over to the Schell City Fall Festival, this Friday, Sept. 8, and take a chance on winning Royals memorabilia at the silent auction scheduled from 8 a.m. to 8 P.m. in the Schell City Community Building. Items include a baseball bat signed by Eric Hosmer, a signed Alex Gordon

[ Read More ]

FILL’N THE BOOT

FILL’N THE BOOT –  Blake Cluck, volunteer fireman for the El Dorado Springs Fire Department, took his turn at the corner of 54 and 82 at the annual Labor Day  Fill the  Boot fundraiser for Muscular Dystrophy. According to Fire  Chief Owen Elliot, the department collected $2,275, just a little less than last year.

[ Read More ]

Local residents chosen as State Fair Farm Family for Cedar County

Brian and Victoria Ford and family of Stockton were among the families honored during the 59th annual Missouri Farm Family Day, Aug. 14 at the Missouri State Fair. The Ford family was selected as the Cedar County Missouri Farm Family by the Cedar County Extension Council and local Farm Bureau. The family includes two children,

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society news

Prior to our regular monthly meeting of the Cedar County Historical Society Leslie James, Field Archivist for the Missouri State Archives, presented a program on prohibition in Cedar County. The program was well attended and we wish to express our appreciation to Leslie for taking the time to present the program to our group. Following

[ Read More ]

AUDREY RHOAD CELEBRATES 103 YEARS

AUDREY RHOAD CELEBRATES 103 YEARS –Audrey Rhoad, a resident of the Community Springs  Health Care facility since 2013, celebrated her 103rd birthday on Sept. 5, 2017, at Community Springs with a cake and friends. Present with Audrey are Melva Pellegrin, Steve  Singleton, Rita Miller, Lois Lowrey, Kathy Crusha, Paul Hooper, Brittany Wendt, Kaylea Armstrong Missie

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

September Gardening Chores Where has the time gone? It’s almost fall, time to start getting the garden ready for winter. If you have been fertilizing, it is time to stop. Plants need to start slowing down and get out of the growth they usually pursue through spring and summer, even without the boost of fertilizers.

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter 9319 morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs (morning group) met in the Church Of Christ Meeting room on Thursday, Aug. 31. Leader, Sheryl Walker opened the meeting and Kay S. led us in singing “Zipping Those Pounds Off”. We welcomed a visitor today, Sue F. Twenty-Four members weighed in today and we had a net loss

[ Read More ]

ElDo Homecoming 2017

El Dorado Springs Bulldogs   Vs   Ash Grove Pirates Schedule of Events Thursday, Aug. 31st 3:00 p.m. Parade line-up on East Fields 5:00 p.m -6:00 p.m   Parade on Main Street 7:30 p.m.   Bonfire at Fugate Motors Friday, Sept. 1st 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. FFA Chili Supper 6:30 p.m. Homecoming coronation 7:00 p.m. Kickoff! Join

[ Read More ]