Community

Our Flag

With Veteran’s Day and our Christmas Parade coming up your local VFW Auxiliary #257 would like to remind all of you of some proper etiquette for our Flag (Old Glory). The flag is very much a part of our daily lives. We should always respect it because it represents everything we are as Americans –

[ Read More ]

EASTERN STAR INSTALLS NEW OFFICERS

EASTERN STAR INSTALLS NEW OFFICERS – El Dorado Springs Chapter # 148 Order of the Eastern Star began their new year with an open installation of officers on Saturday, Nov. 5. The installing officers were: Installing Matron – Retha Squires, Installing Patron – C.L. Squires, Installing Marshal – Wanda Reno, Installing Chaplain – Alberta Hays,

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Bug-Busting Mums Do you have a mum in your garden? Have you looked at it closely? Go ahead, take a peek. I will wait. What did you see? OK, so the flowers are starting to fade on one side. And yes, most of us need to water our mums more than we do. See anything

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs met in the Church Of Christ meeting room on Thursday, Nov. 3. Linda H opened the meeting and Kay led us in singing “Hooray”. We said our pledges and Linda led us in roll call.  Chris was the week’s best loser with a loss of 4.2 lbs. Twenty-two members

[ Read More ]

Thank yous

The family of Cheryl Berry wishes to express a very heartfelt thank you to everyone for their love and support through our time of need. Thank you to Victorious Living Church for the service and meal and to Fairview Church for the food. Cheryl Berry family Thank you to everyone that made my Retirement Open

[ Read More ]

Providing information

ALLERGIES Q:  Why are my allergies always worse in the early fall? A:  In this area, ragweed allergies are worse this time of year. If you go out in the fields, you can see a yellow haze on your four-wheeler. If you are allergic, you know you are in trouble- wheezing, eyes swelling and sometimes,

[ Read More ]

Lois and Jim Herbst’ Centennial Farm

Story and photos by Neoma Foreman Lois Hawkins Herbst laughed and said, “When we bought my parents farm in 1996, I said if we lived 20 years, it would be a centennial farm. Well, here we are.” The farm was purchased by Benjamin Galvin on Nov. 20, 1916. He farmed there and raised his family.

[ Read More ]

Christmas Baskets 2016

The El Dorado Springs Christmas Basket committee is pleased to announce that the distribution date for food baskets and gifts will be Dec. 17, at the First Baptist Church on Main Street.  Recipients should plan to pick up the gifts and food on Saturday, Dec. 17, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and should bring

[ Read More ]

Thank yous

As the old saying goes, “time flies when you’re having fun!” I must say that I have been extremely blessed to live and work in this community for the past 20 years. I have had the opportunity to meet and work with so many kind people, and am genuinely honored and humbled that you have

[ Read More ]