Community

AUDREY RHOAD CELEBRATES 103 YEARS

AUDREY RHOAD CELEBRATES 103 YEARS –Audrey Rhoad, a resident of the Community Springs  Health Care facility since 2013, celebrated her 103rd birthday on Sept. 5, 2017, at Community Springs with a cake and friends. Present with Audrey are Melva Pellegrin, Steve  Singleton, Rita Miller, Lois Lowrey, Kathy Crusha, Paul Hooper, Brittany Wendt, Kaylea Armstrong Missie

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

September Gardening Chores Where has the time gone? It’s almost fall, time to start getting the garden ready for winter. If you have been fertilizing, it is time to stop. Plants need to start slowing down and get out of the growth they usually pursue through spring and summer, even without the boost of fertilizers.

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter 9319 morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs (morning group) met in the Church Of Christ Meeting room on Thursday, Aug. 31. Leader, Sheryl Walker opened the meeting and Kay S. led us in singing “Zipping Those Pounds Off”. We welcomed a visitor today, Sue F. Twenty-Four members weighed in today and we had a net loss

[ Read More ]

ElDo Homecoming 2017

El Dorado Springs Bulldogs   Vs   Ash Grove Pirates Schedule of Events Thursday, Aug. 31st 3:00 p.m. Parade line-up on East Fields 5:00 p.m -6:00 p.m   Parade on Main Street 7:30 p.m.   Bonfire at Fugate Motors Friday, Sept. 1st 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. FFA Chili Supper 6:30 p.m. Homecoming coronation 7:00 p.m. Kickoff! Join

[ Read More ]

Providing information

FEVER Q:  I’m not sure what to consider a fever for my three-year-old.  I’ve heard several opinions. A:  A fever is a high body temperature.  It’s a way your body fights being sick.  A fever shows that the body is responding to infection or other illness- minor or severe.  A fever is a symptom and

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

I wish to thank our close family and friends for the flowers, food and contact with me and my family during the loss of my mother, Lois Taylor Frikken. In times like these it is family and friends that get you through the days. Also, since I wasn’t allowed to give my favorite memory of

[ Read More ]

MGE files for $34 million rate increase

Missouri Gas Energy (MGE), an operating unit of Laclede Gas Company, has filed a request with the Missouri Public Service Commission (PSC) seeking to increase its rates for distributing natural gas by $34 million annually, exclusive of amounts currently being recovered through its Infrastructure System Enhancement Surcharge (ISRS) of approximately $16.4 million. MGE estimates this

[ Read More ]

THE OLD POST OFFICE BUILDING: NEVADA, VERNON COUNTY

THE OLD POST OFFICE BUILDING: NEVADA, VERNON COUNTY – The last couple of decades of the 19th century brought phenomenal growth to the town of Nevada, Missouri. The Missouri-Kansas-Texas (Katy) Railroad came in the 1870s. The W.F. Norman Company, known for its manufacture of pressed metal products, including tin ceilings (still in business here and

[ Read More ]

EHS CLASS OF 1967

EHS CLASS OF 1967 – held its 50th class reunion Saturday, July 22, 2017, in the Leeper Center, downtown El Dorado Springs. The following were in attendance: (Front row) Charles Budd, Lois (Anderson) Hoover, Gary Hutsell,  Larry Floyd, Marcene (Budd) Jeffries,  Berta (Wooldridge) Anderson, Margie (Holaday) Cargill, Carol (Decker) Mays and Alice (Hamilton) Fuller; (Second

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Bees v. Hummers I have been starting my mornings watching hummingbirds fending bees off a feeder hanging outside my den window. It started several weeks ago, as did the emails about bees visiting swimming pools as well as hummingbird feeders. At this point in the season, honeybee colonies are at their highest population levels. Bees

[ Read More ]