Community

Gardening Charlotte

Surprise Lilies Several friends have told me they are a bit worried this year. Their surprise lilies, Lycoris squamigera, have popped up earlier than usual, they said, starting to bloom mid-July as opposed to early August. Is this one of those signs that winter will be earlier than usual? Also called Resurrection lilies, mine started

[ Read More ]

Stork Report

Wes and Amanda Morgan, Sheldon, are proud to announce the birth of a son, Tanner Lole Morgan. He weighed 5 lbs. 14 oz. and was 18 inches long. Casey and Leigha Jones, El Dorado Springs, are proud to announce the birth of a son, Haydin Allen Jones. He weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was

[ Read More ]

Fugate Family reunion held

We all enjoyed a wonderful carry in meal on Sunday, Aug. 13, 2017, in the meeting room at the Sac Osage Electric meeting room.  Those in attendance were: Maxine Scott, Baldwin KS; Joan and Janice Beydler, Independence; Kathleen Jenkins, Carole and Allenna Maddy, Stover; Teresa Vargas and Joseph Saye, Bella Vista, AR. Those attending from

[ Read More ]

60th Phillips reunion held

The 60th reunion of the descendants of Grover (Ned) and Myrtle Phillips family who lived in the Walker area met Sunday at the Marmaduke Park in Nevada for lunch. Attending were Alayna and Paul Bracy and grandson, Aiden Moore, Charlotte, NC, Gary, Wendy, Courtney and Cassidy Fogler, Blue Springs, Tom and Jaque Flint of Greenword,

[ Read More ]

Providing information

MOLES Q: How do I know when I should see someone about a mole? A: I typically see several people each month with concerns about moles…some present a long time, some recently developed, some moles changing. Usually older people, but occasionally a child or teenager. The most common mole I see in adults is the

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Memorial Hospital Sleep Lab receives accreditation

Cedar County Memorial Hospital (CCMH) proudly announces its Sleep Lab received national accreditation by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) on July 20, 2017. ACHC is an independent not-for-profit organization providing health care accreditations since 1986. By achieving ACHC accreditation, CCMH’s Sleep Lab demonstrates a commitment to providing the highest quality service and patient care.

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

There are only three weekends left for Band performances this summer. Come on out Friday and Saturday evenings from 8-9 and Sunday afternoons from 2-3. We’d love to play some songs for you! Band Manager – Teri Biddlecome Friday, Aug. 11 1 Hostrauser’s March 2 Sharpshooters 3 Big Cage 4 Defending Circle 5 Polka 6

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

We would like to thank Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home, Hospice Compasses and Evans Drug for all the help and care our loved one received in his final days. A special thank you to some of his caregivers, Lori Koger and Kelly Gibbs. We would also like to thank Brent Bland for his comforting service. Prayers, cards,

[ Read More ]

CMH long-term care facilities recognized for outstanding customer satisfaction

Five Citizens Memorial Health Care Foundation (CMH) long-term care facilities and two CMH assisted living/residential care centers received the 2017 Excellence in Action award from National Research Corporation (NRC) Health. The Excellence in Action award recognizes long-term care and senior living organizations that achieve the highest level of excellence. This is demonstrated by overall resident

[ Read More ]

YOUTH FAIR ARCHERY WINNERS

YOUTH FAIR ARCHERY WINNERS – Cedar County Shooting Sports is proud of all participants in the Land o Lake Youth Fair this year and would like to introduce to you this year’s Archery ribbon winners. Back row: Instructor – Craig Carpenter, Coordinator – Terry Costello, Instructor – Darren Adams, Sponsor – Harold Fugate, Instructor –

[ Read More ]