Community

“The Band Plays On”

There are only three weekends left for Band performances this summer. Come on out Friday and Saturday evenings from 8-9 and Sunday afternoons from 2-3. We’d love to play some songs for you! Band Manager – Teri Biddlecome Friday, Aug. 11 1 Hostrauser’s March 2 Sharpshooters 3 Big Cage 4 Defending Circle 5 Polka 6

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

We would like to thank Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home, Hospice Compasses and Evans Drug for all the help and care our loved one received in his final days. A special thank you to some of his caregivers, Lori Koger and Kelly Gibbs. We would also like to thank Brent Bland for his comforting service. Prayers, cards,

[ Read More ]

CMH long-term care facilities recognized for outstanding customer satisfaction

Five Citizens Memorial Health Care Foundation (CMH) long-term care facilities and two CMH assisted living/residential care centers received the 2017 Excellence in Action award from National Research Corporation (NRC) Health. The Excellence in Action award recognizes long-term care and senior living organizations that achieve the highest level of excellence. This is demonstrated by overall resident

[ Read More ]

YOUTH FAIR ARCHERY WINNERS

YOUTH FAIR ARCHERY WINNERS – Cedar County Shooting Sports is proud of all participants in the Land o Lake Youth Fair this year and would like to introduce to you this year’s Archery ribbon winners. Back row: Instructor – Craig Carpenter, Coordinator – Terry Costello, Instructor – Darren Adams, Sponsor – Harold Fugate, Instructor –

[ Read More ]

A NEW LIGHT ON THE HORIZON

A NEW LIGHT ON THE HORIZON – Ten years ago, a groundbreaking vision took shape in Cedar County – children’s lights began to shine brighter than ever with the birth of the Lighthouse Children’s Theatre. “The Lighthouse,” as it is known by people in the community, became the first Eldo organization dedicated to children’s theatre

[ Read More ]

CLASS OF 1950

CLASS OF 1950 – The class of 1950 held there 67th reunions Saturday, July 22, at Angie’s Cake restaurant. She did a very nice job serving the 13 classmates and seven guests. We enjoyed a great time of visiting and dinning. (Back row from left) Jr. Herbst, Nalleyn Smith Jones, Rosemary Burris Lusk, Bob Roe,

[ Read More ]

New Tops Chapter paves the way to healthy lifestyle

Several residents of El Dorado Springs are embracing a healthier lifestyle after launching a new nonprofit weight-loss support group meeting. Weekly TOPS meetings will be held in the Community Center in downtown El Dorado Springs at 6 p.m. Thursday evenings. TOPS Club Inc. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is an affordable wellness education organization with thousands

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

August Gardening Chores I don’t plant anything in my garden in August.  The soil in USDA zone 5b is so dry few plants will survive even if watered so I just skip doing much planting. I try not to watch as some of my plants fry under the hot sun but I know if I

[ Read More ]

Stork Report

Tristan Hart and Rylinn Crews, Sheldon, are proud to announce the birth of a son, Dawson Grant Hart. He weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long. Cindy Zaber and Wyatt Duncan, Rockville, are proud to announce the birth of a daughter, Harper Rose Duncan. She weighed 7 lbs. 7 oz. and

[ Read More ]

Providing information

OPIOIDS Q: My doctor is reluctant to give me narcotics for my back pain. I don’t understand what the big deal is. I hurt all the time due to arthritis in my back. A: Opioids are medicines used to help relieve moderate to severe pain. They may be used for pain that you have had

[ Read More ]