Community

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ meeting room on Thursday, March 2. Linda Hall opened the meeting in the absence of Robbie who is recovering from surgery. Kay led us in singing “Hand In Hand”. We said our TOPS and KOPS pledges. Recap of February’s

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Soil Testing The secret to successful gardening is soil. Soil is as fundamental to our existence as water and air. Soil makes up the outermost layer of our planet and is formed from rocks and decaying plants and animals. Soil has varying amounts of organic matter, both living and dead organisms, minerals and nutrients, which

[ Read More ]

Stork Report

Samantha and Matt Bates, El Dorado Springs, is proud to announce the birth of a son, Isaih Edward Bates. He weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 inches long. Stephanie Higgins and William Hunt, El Dorado Springs, are proud to announce the birth of a daughter, Abigail Hunt. She weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz

[ Read More ]

Providing information

ADJUSTMENT DISORDER Q: My mother just passed away last week, and I am being overwhelmed. What can I do? How long will this last? A: Adjustment disorder means that you have emotional or behavioral problems because of stress. Your response to the stress will be far more severe than a normal response. It is severe

[ Read More ]

HERITAGE STATE BANK VISITS CAPITOL

HERITAGE STATE BANK VISITS CAPITOL – Target Bankers, an arm of the Missouri Bankers Association, were in Jeff City Tuesday, Feb. 21, visiting with representatives about banking issues and voicing their opinions about the banking sector. Later that day they met with Lt. Gov. Mike Parson. Pictured are: (from left) Steve Swearengen (Heritage State Bank-

[ Read More ]

Thank yous

Thank you for all the cards, prayers, letters and condolences from everyone.All heartfelt and appreciated. The family of Clara Holladay I want to thank everyone for the cards, calls, flowers and visits during the illnesses and death of my wife, Dixie. The expressions of love and concern was phenomenal and I want to thank each

[ Read More ]

West Central Receives $500,000 Donation

Empire District-Liberty Utilities Central Donates $1.5 Million to Three Community Action Agencies. West Central Missouri Community Action Agency (West Central) was one of three recipients of a $500,000 donation from Empire District-Liberty Utilities Central on Wednesday, Feb. 15. In total, the recently merged utilities company donated $1.5 million dollars to better enable the utilization of

[ Read More ]

US or RA

Either way, once you are in, Uncle Sam has you. We didn’t go in looking to be heros or for the benefits and, I think heros is used to easily. Six of us Viet Nam vets and Charles Foreman Korean vet were honored last Friday, as week ago at Charles and Neoma Foreman’s home by

[ Read More ]

Boy Scout Derby Car awards

Troop 230 held its pine wood derby car race on Saturday, Feb. 4, at the youth center in El Dorado Springs. The boys have put in weeks of work on their cars with the help of parents and their leaders. All the hard work payed off for these cub scouts, Blake Loane 1st place, Blake

[ Read More ]

Twentieth Century Club news

by Lana Sue Jones Our Feb. 13 meeting was hosted by Kay Sewell, with Sandi Eaves serving as co-hostess. The meeting was called to order by President Sandi Eaves. The secretary and treasurer’s reports were given and approved. Committee reports, unfinished business and new business was presented and discussed. Pauline Simone gave the opinion on

[ Read More ]