Due to COVID-19, the 30th annual Citizens Memorial Health Care Foundation Medical Excellence Golf Classic scheduled for Saturday, June 6, has been moved to Saturday, Aug. 29.
The classic is an 18-hole, four-person scramble at Silo Ridge Golf and Country Club, Bolivar. All monies raised goes to the Medical Excellence Scholarship, which provides financial assistance to individuals from the CMH service area — including Osceola and Appleton City — who are working toward careers in health care. Upon completion of their education, Medical Excellence recipients return to work at CMH. To date, the fund has provided more than $2.3 million in assistance to more than 400 students.
The tournament will feature two shotgun starts at 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Each player will receive a gift package, breakfast, lunch, snacks and a barbecue dinner after the tournament. Green fees and cart rentals are included in the entry fee. Each player also will be entered into course contests and mulligans are available at $40 per team. Prizes for first, second, third and fourth will be awarded in four flights. There is a maximum of 55 teams and spots will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Different sponsorship levels are available for the tournament.
- The Classic Underwriter ($5,000)-includes advertisement opportunities, two teams, two corporate gift packages, corporate flyer in all player packages, one road banner, four fairway banners, eight hole signs and signage on the carts.
- The Classic Premier Partner ($3,000)-includes advertisement opportunities, one team, one corporate gift package, corporate flyer in all player packages, one road banner, two fairway banners and eight hole signs.
- The Classic Hole Sponsor ($1,000)-includes advertisement opportunities, one team, one corporate gift package, corporate flyer in all player packages, one road banner, two fairway banners, two hole signs and signage on the carts.
- The Classic Team Sponsor ($700)-includes program advertisement, one team and a banner.
- The Classic Contest Sponsor ($500)-includes signage at a hole for the hole-in-one, closest-to-the-pin and longest drive contests.
- The Classic Banner Sponsor ($250)-includes the sponsor’s name in the program and a banner.
The Classic Contest Sponsor and Classic Banner Sponsor do not include teams to play in the tournament.
To make a donation or to register a team for the tournament, contact Wren Hall, director of community relations, at 417-328-6318 or register online at http://bit.ly/CMHGolf2020.