El Dorado Christian School has received A+ Designation by the Missouri Department of Higher Education. With the passage of Senate Bill 638 last summer, all Missouri high schools not previously designated as A+ schools had the opportunity to seek this designation, including private schools. Applications were due to the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education by Jan. 31, and the State Board of Education approved applications at their March 14 board meeting.
Graduates of El Dorado Christian School who have completed the requirements for the A+ program will receive scholarship funding for tuition to attend any Missouri public community college or technical school. This funding can be used to earn an Associate’s Degree or other technical certificate, provided the student is enrolled full-time in an approved institution.
Requirements to earn this benefit include:
· Attending an A+ Designated School for 3 consecutive years prior to graduation. Newly approved schools such as ours are grandfathered in for this requirement.
· Scoring Proficient or Advanced on an approved Math End of Course Exam or established alternative.
· Achieving at least 95% attendance record for all 4 years of high school.
· Performing 50 hours of unpaid academic tutoring in a school-supervised setting.
· Maintaining a record of good citizenship and avoidance of unlawful use of drugs and alcohol.
El Dorado Christian School Board and Administration are excited about the opportunities this provides for our students. We welcome this additional affordable option available for our students to pursue post-secondary education. For more information on this program or to enroll in El Dorado Christian School, please call 417/876-2201.