Community

Snider Cain Gilfoil

Adrian Long Gilfoil and Robert Cain Gilfoil of Baton Rouge, LA, announce the birth of their son, Snider Cain, born at 12 noon Monday, Sept. 9, 2019, in Baton Rouge Women’s Hospital. He joins his older brother, Robert Van. Grandparents are Wyly and Jennifer Gilfoil of Lake Providence, LA, and Kenny and Kimball Long of

[ Read More ]

Tri County Quilt Club news

Tri County Quilt Club met at 7 p.m. Sept. 9, at the Rockville United Methodist Church. Meeting was called to order by President Madline Woodfin, with 14 ladies present to enjoy an evening of quilt talk, learning new things and celebrating September birthdays of Donna Engelman and Marcelle Marquardt. Ladies had been busy sewing; Show

[ Read More ]

MFA WALKER BOOKKEEPER HONORED

MFA WALKER BOOKKEEPER HONORED – Betsy Foreman, bookkeeper at MFA in Walker received recognition as a 2019 MFA Values Champion for Region 5 at MFA’s annual sales kickoff held in Columbia Aug. 13-15 FROM MFA CEO Ernie Verslues. MFA values Honesty and Integrity, Team Spirit, Accountability, Innovation and Technology, Customer Partnering and Stewardship. Her nominator

[ Read More ]

Band Manager Misses a Beat

The Municipal Band Manager submitted the 2019 picture of Band members and accidentally forgot to mention that the picture was taken by Brent Hillsman. I would like to correct that mistake and express my appreciation to Brent for taking care of this annual photography project for many years. He gets everything set up, works with

[ Read More ]

R-II School Board meets

El Dorado Springs R-2 Schools Board of Education Meeting No. 347, Sept 12,  MS/HS Library  Media Center At time of posting of agenda no Closed Session Business was necessary The Board may consider business in closed session relating to: • Litigation pursuant to 610.021(1) • Real Estate pursuant to 610.021 (2) • Personnel pursuant to

[ Read More ]

Thank you

Thank you to all for the many happy birthday and well wishes, for all that came to share cake and memories at my birthday party. Thank you to all my kids for planning and arranging for my party; it was beyond wonderful. I enjoyed it so much. You all made my 80th birthday a really

[ Read More ]

AQHA top RHB Horse award presented at NLBRA finals

The American Quarter Horse Association presented the Top Ranching Heritage Bred Horse Award at the 2019 National Little Britches Rodeo Association Finals held at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie, OK. The Top RHB Horse Award recognizes top Ranching Heritage-bred horses competing at major competitions across the country. Both the horse owner and breeder each

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs(Take Off Pounds Sensibly)met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Sept. 5,  their weekly weigh-in, and meeting.  Leader Susan is on vacation, Co Leader, Linda H is with her son, Jon in the hospital, Secretary, Jean L opened the meeting with the TOPS and KOPS Pledge.

[ Read More ]

SCHELL CITY PARADE GRAND MARSHALLS NAMED

SCHELL CITY PARADE GRAND MARSHALLS NAMED – Everett and Pat Prough met at a barn dance west of Peculiar in 1952. Everett was still in the U.S. Army and home on leave from Korea. Pat and her sister Norma were high school students in the nearby town of Adrian where their mother operated a cafe.

[ Read More ]

Hospital sets tax levy

At the Aug. 19 meeting of the Cedar County Hospital Board of Trustees, the board held a public hearing on the proposed tax levy. The county’s total assessed valuation for the tax year 2019 is $182,400,023, and the amount of property tax revenue budgeted for 2019 is $278,707. The board approved the tax rate of

[ Read More ]