Community

Thank yous

Thank you to all who came to give your pint of live saving blood at the El Dorado Springs Church of Christ on Thursday, July 13.  Blood from your donations go to many Hospitals, including El Dorado Springs, Nevada, Bolivar, Joplin and Springfield. Thank you to the following –  Larry Lewellin, Bobby Budd, Gary Speight,

[ Read More ]

Sam’s Scavenger Scrimmage

Registrations are now being accepted for the Sam’s Scavenger Scrimmage. All teams must pre-register. Teams will consist of 3-5 members with each member being 18 years or older. Each team will receive one copy of the clues. All team members must stay together. One team member must be the designated photographer. All other team members

[ Read More ]

Register for Lip Sync

Registrations are currently being accepted for the Lip Sync contest by Tania, 417/876-8549, Joyce, 417/876-5035 or Judi 417/876-2691. There are no auditions; however, registration is mandatory. Each Lip Sync performance will be limited to one song and the contestant must provide his or her own CD. It is your responsibility to deliver your CD to

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Rain Barrel Residents My rain barrels are as much of a “must have” for my gardening as my favorite gardening gloves and pick ax. I have several, all connected to my rain gutters. A good rain shower easily refills them and the overflow continues down gutters into my back wildlife pond. I have spotted turkey,

[ Read More ]

Beydlers hold reunion

The 62nd annual Beydler reunion was held June 25 in the Sac Osage Electric community room. A carry in lunch began at 12:30 p.m. with Randy Beydler asking the blessing. The oldest there was Virginia Beydler – 95 years old – and the youngest Landry Rodney – 1 year 10 months, daughter of Breann Thomas

[ Read More ]

90’s club

(To put someone on the list, please give us his or her name, hometown, birth date and phone number.) Audrey Rhoad, El Dorado Springs, Sept. 5, 1914 Ruth Roberts, El Dorado Springs, Sept. 11, 1915 Kathern Grubb, El Dorado Springs, Dec. 27, 1915 Josephine Steward Johnson, El Dorado Springs, April 13, 1916 Eunice Smith, Centralia,

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

Polka Night This Coming Saturday for Municipal Band This Saturday evening the El Dorado Springs Municipal Band will play a program of polkas for Polka Night. We’d love to have a crowd like last weekend – and some folks to get up and dance! We have several polkas we love to play, including a relatively

[ Read More ]

CMH breaks ground on new Stockton facility

Last Wednesday afternoon, Citizens Memorial Healthcare Foundation broke ground on a new longterm care facility in Stockton next door to the Stockton Family Medical Center at 1521 Third Street. Some 100 people gathered there for the event. They heard Donald J. Babb, CEO/Executive Director of CMH, talk about this latest project.  They also heard a

[ Read More ]

Citizens Memorial Hospital named 2017 ‘Most Wired’

Citizens Memorial Hospital has been recognized for the 13th consecutive year as a “Most Wired” hospital according to results of the 19th Annual Health Care’s Most Wired® survey, released today by the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) Annual Forum. CMH is one of two hospitals in southwest Missouri to be named to the Most Wired hospital

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ Meeting Room on Thursday, July 6. Robbie led us in Roll Call. Judy K was the week’s best loser with a loss of 3.0 lbs. Marilyn presented the awards for the month of June. We had a net loss

[ Read More ]