Community

Rep. Love to address Genealogical Society

The June meeting of the Cedar & Vernon County Genealogical Society will begin at 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 21, in the meeting room of the El Dorado Springs Library. Guest Speaker Warren Love will talk about the Civil War. Love, a carpenter by trade, spent many years operating Love Construction building residential homes and barns.

[ Read More ]

Thank you

A special thank  you to each and everyone for the prayers, cards, flowers and food during our time of loss. The Lester Englund family

[ Read More ]

UCM Spring 2016 Dean’s list

The following local students have earned a spot on the University of Central Missouri Dean’s List 4.0 Dean’s list at UCM Emily P Carver, El Dorado Springs. 3.5 to 3.99 Dean’s list at UCM Destiny R Kelly and Sandra L May, El Dorado Springs.

[ Read More ]

PSU releases spring honor rolls

El Dorado Springs – Christopher Mott, Accounting, Sr., All-A Scholastic Honors; Dusty Hooper, Electrical Technology, Sr., Dean’s Scholastic Honors; Jolene Booth, Finance, Soph., Dean’s Scholastic Honors; Kelsey Pettit, Social Work, Sr., Dean’s Scholastic Honors; Khrystin Davis, Nursing, Sr., All-A Scholastic Honors and Kyle Mccullick, Electrical Technology, Sr., Dean’s Scholastic Honors.

[ Read More ]

Skakal decendants gather

The 34th annual reunion of the descendants of John and Katherine Skakal was held at the Mark Koca residence in El Dorado Springs on June 12, 2016. The blessing was asked by Paul Robinson then everyone enjoyed a delicious carry in dinner. After dinner, all enjoyed visiting and catching up with one another. Attending from

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Answering Emails: Saving rain water Delighted so many of you are interested in saving rain water for your gardens. The following are some of your comments and questions. Please share what you decide to do. “….I can’t wait to try this in my garden but I don’t want to spend a lot… I don’t have

[ Read More ]

LCT LIGHT AND SOUND

A $20,000 grant from the Coover Regional Grantmaking Program through the Community Foundation of the Ozarks in partnership with the Commerce Trust Company has enabled the Lighthouse Children’s Theatre of El Dorado Springs to purchase quality sound and lighting equipment to use with their productions. Up until now, the LCT had borrowed the equipment they

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Reserving Water Bed rest. Doctor’s orders, after planting in the rain last week. I count on cloudy, soon to be rain-filled days. It helps to get new plants successfully settled. I even have a raincoat that hangs in the garage for those special days. I am a big fan of the power of rain water.

[ Read More ]

TEAM SWAT TRAVELS TO BROKEN ARROW

Students from Van Dyk’s Karate representing the SWAT National Karate Team traveled to Broken Arrow, OK, to compete in the 29th Annual Shotokan Tiger Karate Tournament sanctioned by the Oklahoma Karate Association. Many schools and teams competed in the tournaments which made for good competition. Team SWAT was well represented at the Tiger and competed

[ Read More ]