2 cups fresh asparagus, large spears, cut into 1” pieces
One-half yellow or red bell pepper, cut into 1⁄2” pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
1 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
12 oz fresh or frozen jumbo or large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 and one-half cups dry quinoa, cooked according to directions
Lemon Vinaigrette, divided
3 tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon peel (optional)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
One-half tsp dried thyme leaves
One-half tsp ground black pepper
1. Place vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk; set aside.
2. Cut vegetables as directed.
3. Heat grill and grilling tray.
4. Place vegetables and shrimp in a large bowl; add about 1/3 of the vinaigrette (about 3 tbsp) and toss.
5. Spread shrimp-vegetable mixture over hot grilling tray.
6. Grill, turning shrimp and vegetables, until the flesh of the shrimp is an opaque color (about 5-6 minutes); remove from grill.
7. Serve grill mixture over cooked quinoa, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts: Calories, 460; Calories from fat, 140; Total fat, 16g; Saturated fat, 2g; Trans fat 0g; Cholesterol, 115 mg; Sodium, 420mg; Total Carbohydrate, 51g; Fiber, 7g; Protein, 29g; Vit. A, 15%; Vit. C, 90%; Calcium, 10%; Iron, 35%.