phase two two 3cc front page

HAVE YOU MADE YOUR PLEDGE? – The Sidewalk to the Future Phase II campaign is in full swing with over $10,000 of the $44,000 needed to build sidewalks on North and South Park Streets and Hospital Road East to Hwy. 32. Pledges must be made by Dec. 28. The grant funds aren’t due until April 28.

The federal grant for this project pays 80%. Twenty percent has to come from local entities. The City of El Dorado Springs has agreed to fund half of the remaining 20% or $44,000. The other $44,000 is to be raised from the community. If the total amount isn’t raised, the collected funds will be returned.

Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Jackson Tough said, “We need the support of the community to bring this project to fruition. The approval of Phase One has been tremendous and makes a huge difference in our town’s ‘first impression.’ We know folks agree this project is just as important and will be a very worthwhile benefit to our community.”

Pictured are Assistant Executive Director Peggy Snodgrass and Tough.