I had fun at the Cedar Bowl mostly by hasseling Chad Boyle who was filming for Stockton. I told him that since he is the county assessor he should pull equally for both teams.
– Do you remember that Davis gave Kimball some dwarf hampsters and the first two were mean? He switched those for two better tempered ones but they just happened to be a little bit “with child.” They got over that but now we have 10 in the cage. Kimball just told me you can have the eight cute little darlins free if you want them. Better be quick because she is going to call a Bolivar pet shop to see if they want them. Bring a ventilated container other than your shirt pocket or a glass jar. Hungry cats and snakes need not apply.
– With school back in session, the sports programs have kicked in: home volleyball, softball and football games later this week. Enjoy.
– Monday night Hannity was airing a special he did from flood ravaged Louisiana. I recorded it for Kimball. We watched it while we ate lunch Tuesday. Much more wide spread than a tornado. They called it a hurricane without wind. And I think it was the Lt. Governor who said some government agency had the plans in place to prevent it since 1980 but just never got around to implementing them.
May go with the bumper sticker I saw the other day in town: I love my country. I fear my government.
– Mary forwarded me some T-shirt slogans that you are welcome to install on yours:
• The fact that there’s a highway to hell only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.
• So when is old enough to know better supposed to kick in?
• Have you ever listened to someone for a while and wondered… who ties your shoe laces for you?
• Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
• I’m not lazy. I just really enjoy doing nothing.
• When you’re dead, you don’t know you’re dead. It’s only difficult for others. Same way with stupid.
• Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are. KL