Welcome to the 2023-24 school year. We look forward to a wonderful year of working with your children. School will start on Aug. 23 this year. Here are a few important things to note:
1. We are looking forward to having students back at school this year. Just a reminder, start and ending times will remain the same. Our front door will open at 7:35 a.m. each day. Please make sure students are dropped off between 7:35 and 7:50 if they are eating breakfast. The tardy bell will ring at 8:05 a.m. Students arriving after 8:05 will be counted tardy. As always, please pull as far forward as possible to allow other children to unload at the same time.
2. Car riders should only be dropped off and picked up from the circle drive on the west side of the elementary building. Parents of regular car riders will receive numbers to display in their vehicles to help speed up the afternoon pick-up process. These numbers will be available for pick-up at Open House on Aug. 21, or from the elementary office. Please do not park on the circle drive or in the area reserved for faculty parking. Thank you for your patience with us during the afternoon pick-up on the first few days of school as it will run slowly at first. We are making every effort to keep your children safe.
3. Dismissal – Car riders will begin being dismissed at 3:05. Those arriving to pick up children should remain in your vehicles and go around the circle drive. A staff member will radio in for your child to meet you and load in front of the school. K, 1st, and 4th grade bus riders will be dismissed by intercom at 3:07. Fifth grade students will assist the younger students in finding their buses during the first week of school again this year. 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade bus riders will be dismissed by intercom at 3:09. Walkers will be dismissed at 3:11 and exit the building through the front entrance on the west side of the school. Please do not ask teachers and students to open locked doors at any time throughout the school year as they have been instructed not to do so.
4. Please remember Oak and Pine Streets are one-way from Main to Grand during the times of morning drop-off (7:30-8:30 a.m.) and afternoon pick-up (2:30-3:30 p.m.). Parents of elementary students should exit the way you entered (toward Twyman Street). If you will also drop off or pick up middle and/or high school students, you may continue north on Grand to do so.
5. Handicapped parking – Please do not park in the Handicapped Student Drop-Off spaces when dropping off or picking up students. Please go through the circle drive for loading and unloading of students. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
6. Open House will be held on Monday, August 22nd from 5 – 7 p.m. Grade level teachers will be set up so students may come and meet their teachers before school starts. Kindergarten students only will be able to drop off their school supplies that evening. We look forward to seeing everyone.
See You Soon and Go Bulldogs!