Community

EVANS INTERN

EVANS INTERN – Michelle Wessling is from Beloit, KS and recently completed her first year at the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry with a minor in Biology from Newman University in May 2012. El Dorado Springs reminds her a lot of home and she is excited

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Deer Me I was meeting friends for dinner when one turned with a distressed look on her face. They ate my whole garden, she greeted me, her hands moving through the air in circles as if she could push the image of her missing vegetable garden away. Not a terrible surprise since she said she

[ Read More ]

LIGHTHOUSE CELEBRATES TEN – VERSARY

LIGHTHOUSE CELEBRATES TEN – VERSARY – On June 9 and 10, 2017, the Lighthouse Children’s Theatre celebrated its 10th year by performing a remake of the original production of “Lemonade!”, the first play performed by  the non-profit children’s theatre in 2007. Some of the original cast members and staff were present. Ernie Harris Scholarship recipients

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

Full Wolf Moon by Lincoln Child – Traveling to an isolated writers’ retreat deep in the Adirondacks, Jeremy Logan, an investigator who specializes in unexplained phenomena, discovers a dead hiker whose wounds suggest an unnatural attack before encountering numerous suspects and a woman scientist struggling with the death of her fathers. A Hiss Before Dying

[ Read More ]

Providing information

COLONOSCOPY Q:  Why is my healthcare provider recommending a colonoscopy? A:  A Colonoscopy is a test that allows a general surgeon or gastroenterologist to look at the inner lining of your large intestine (colon & rectum). He or she uses a thin flexible scope (colonscope) to perform the procedure.  The principle goal is to find

[ Read More ]

Ashcroft Awards Racing to Read Grant to Cedar County Library

Missouri Secretary of State Jay Ashcroft announced that the Cedar County Library received a Racing to Read Grant of $4,085, which will be used to develop early literacy services for children from birth to six years of age. “Libraries are an integral part of our communities, providing Missourians an opportunity to learn and grow through

[ Read More ]

MSU announces sping graduation list

Missouri State University conferred 2,651 degrees to students at its 2017 spring commencement May 19 at JQH Arena. El Dorado Springs:  Jacklynn Burk, Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Abigail Castle, Bachelor of Science in Geology; Karen Keith, Bachelor of Science in Accounting; Madison Sibley, Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Dylan Timmermann, Bachelor of Science

[ Read More ]

PAPE CELEBRATES FATHER’S DAY

Our Sunday School Hour opened with the hymn, “Faith of Our Fathers” and then Carl read the poem, “The Christ” by Robert G. Lee. We sang “Happy Birthday” to Devon Bray whose birthday was June 16. It was announced that our church and grounds spring cleaning is scheduled for Saturday June 24, weather permitting. Other

[ Read More ]

Thank you

We would like to thank our friends and neighbors for their generosity. A special thank you to Rev. Brent Bland for the beautiful service and thank you to Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home.. The family of Tim Mogan

[ Read More ]

CCMH approves proposal for ambulance service operation

Following an executive session, the Cedar County Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees announced that they had approved a proposal to be presented to the Cedar County Ambulance District for the operation of the ambulance service. (see ambulance report) Present in the session were all the trustees; Julia Phipps. Jan Neale, Judy Renn, Carla Griffin and

[ Read More ]