Community

Thank you

I wish to thank everyone that shared the month long celebration recognizing my 96th birthday. It began in April with the singing of Happy Birthday by the Hospital Auxiliary luncheon and auction patrons. I received lots of cards, telephone calls and shared meals prior to the family and friends sharing a meal at Chicken Annie’s

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

Our first weekend of Band went well. We had a good crowd of folks Friday and Saturday evening which always makes playing more fun. Flag Day is on Wednesday, June 14, and Band will celebrate on Sunday so come on out to hear some patriotic tunes. Bring your red, white and blue to brighten up

[ Read More ]

Vehicle rear ended

Two passengers, who were wearing seatbelts, were taken to Cedar County Memorial Hospital after an east bound 2012 Ford Focus driven by Jessi M. Toliver, 17, El Dorado Springs, rear ended a 2005 Ford Freestyle driven by Devon E. Owsley, 40, Walker, which was slowed on Hwy. 54 three miles east of El Dorado Springs

[ Read More ]

90th BIRTHDAY

90th BIRTHDAY –  Moody Graves, El Dorado Springs, celebrated her 90th birthday at the Gobblers Roost on June 3. Pictured are (from left) son, Wilson Graves, daughter, Cheryl Carpenter, son Michael Graves and Moody.

[ Read More ]

4-H families MOVE Across Missouri

Hundreds of Missouri 4-H members, parents, volunteers and friends have challenged themselves to get fit and move more for the past six months as part of the 4-H Move Across Missouri (MOVE) healthy living challenge. The effort, which is sponsored by Missouri Care, a subsidiary of WellCare Health Plans Inc., is designed to encourage 4-H

[ Read More ]

Union Point Cemetary news

On Saturday, May 27, 2017, the Union Point Cemetery yearly meeting was held. The meeting was called to order with 10 present. Among those present were Kristi Tolivcr, treasurer, Bucll Cochran, board member and Julie Kingsbury, board member. It was agrccd Bucll Cochran would continue to mow the cemetery. David Leonard was nominated, a vote

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

June Gardening Chores Behind in gardening chores? So am I. It’s been such a wet spring, it’s hard to get anything in the ground, let alone much mowed. The plants sure have taken advantage of all of the moisture. And just think, June is traditionally our wettest month of the year. Since our spring season

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ Meeting Room on Thursday, June 1.Co-Leader Linda H opened the meeting in the absence of Robbie whose husband had a doctor’s appointment. Kay led us in singing “Hand In Hand.” We said our TOPS & KOPS pledges. Linda led

[ Read More ]

Municipal band to begin its 131st season

This Friday evening, June 2, will begin the 131st season for the El Dorado Springs Municipal Band. Concerts will be held every Friday and Saturday night from 8-9 p.m. and Sunday afternoons from 2-3 p.m. All concerts are free to the public and Municipal Band members would like to invite everyone to come listen to

[ Read More ]