Community

Hackleman Cemetery report

Deposits from donations – $2,809.51 Mowing 11 @ $350 – $3,850 Cemetery meting and clean up will be at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, April 8. All flowers need to be removed by July 8. Donations for the mowing and upkeep of the Hackleman Cemetery may be mailed to Hackleman Cemetery, c/o Kris White, 29665 E. Todd

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ Meeting Room on Thursday, March 23. Twenty-six members weighed in. Best loser for the week was Angie with a loss of 6.2 lbs. The chapter had a net loss of 8.4. Marguerite celebrated her 87th birthday. Carol is celebrating

[ Read More ]

Twentieth Century Club news

by Lana Sue Jones The members of the Twentieth Century Club met March 13, with Sherry Wiseman, who served as hostess with Dorothy Foster serving as co-hostess. The meeting was called to order by President Sandi Eaves. The destination for our annual May trip was discussed but no decision was made. Glenda Ware gave the

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

Round Foot Gardening You have heard of square foot gardening, the practice of dividing up a garden plot into squares and carefully planting each square with a desired crop? This is round foot gardening, what I used to call pot gardening but because that leads one to think of Colorado and that one is planting

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Ambulance Board to meet

Cedar County Ambulance District Special Boardwill meet at 6 p.m. Monday, March 27 in the Stockton Ambulance Barn. Meeting agenda: 1. Call to Order 2. Roll Call 3. Approve Agenda 4. Public forum 5. Closed session per RSMo 610.021 (11) Written Specifications for Competitive bids. 6. Closed session per RSMo 610.021 (2) Real Estate. 7.

[ Read More ]

SBU announces honor roll students

To be listed on the semester’s honor roll, students must carry at least 12 hours of college work at SBU and earn at least a B (3.00 GPA), with no grade below C. El Dorado Springs – Brooke Bland, Trustees’ List; Cameron Collins, President’s List; Chaney Housh, Deans’ List; Emily Jones, Deans’ List; Hannah Kruckenberg,

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

So many thank yous, I don’t know where to start. I’ve already thanked a lot of people but a lot I’ve missed. Thanks to Dr. Rod White for finding out what was wrong with my husband in 2013. Thanks to Dr. Skelly and his nurse for their honesty and compassion and getting Alan right into

[ Read More ]

IT”S ALL IN THE WAY IT’S BREWED

IT”S ALL IN THE WAY IT’S BREWED – The Bulldog Brew Coffee shop, located at 109 E. Hwy. 54 in El Dorado Springs, was honored with a ribbon cutting on Thursday, March 16, by the El Dorado Springs Chamber of Commerce. Pictured are: (from left) Frank Lambrecht, Lance Hedrick, Jason Woods, Melanie Farran, Chris Vickers,

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society meets

by Connie Maupin The meeting was called to order by President Judy Nichols and the Pledge of Allegiance was recited. Members present were President Judy Nichols, Vice President Bob Phillips, Treasurer Kay Snow, Assistant Treasurer Shirley Potts, Secretary Connie Maupin, Luella Phipps, Sharyl Henry, Kenneth Potts, Chris Barber, Clark Montgomery and visitor Jackie Wales. Library

[ Read More ]

CHRIS WITT EARNS TONS OF AWARDS

CHRIS WITT EARNS TONS OF AWARDS – On March 2, 2017 TOPS Chapter 319 (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) awarded chapter member Chris Witt with several awards.  He received Certificate for his 25 lb. loss earned on Feb. 9, Certificate and charm for his 30 lb. loss earned on Feb. 16, Certificate and charm for 20

[ Read More ]