Community

DUKE MASON AT PAPE CHRISTIAN CHURCH

DUKE MASON AT PAPE CHRISTIAN CHURCH – On Sunday, October 9th, Carl opened our Sunday School hour with the beautiful old hymn Redeemed and then gave us a pop-quiz before sending us to our classes. New prayer requests were made for Rick Lull, Geneva Smith and Mary Lady, and for travelers Victor McPeak and Jim

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Clintonville Lodge members would like to thank all the people who made the Child ID program  a success. We wish to thank – Mark Koca, superintendent ,  teachers and students  of El Dorado Springs School, Generation III,  OES , Police Department, members of the Lodge and a host of other friends and neighbors. Larry Newman

[ Read More ]

SEE YOU AT THE POLE

SEE YOU AT THE POLE – The El Dorado Christian School student body gathered together for “See You at The Pole” 2016, on Wednesday, Sept. 28.  The national SYATP theme was taken from Psalm 24, verses 3 through 6.  “We cry out…a generation seeking Him!…”  Pastor Wendell Daniel, of Church of the Nazarene, delivered the

[ Read More ]

Benches crafted just for El Dorado Springs

The Hwy. 54 Sidewalk to the Future benches were made by Show Me Country Metals owned by Bruce, Cody and Dusty Hooper. The benches are made from different types of 14 guage tubing. Two by inch 14 gauge square tubing for the legs and back support and one inch by two inch rectangular tubing for

[ Read More ]

TOPS hears things not to apologize for

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs met in the Church Of Christ Meeting Room on Thursday, Oct. 6. Kay led us in singing “Take Me Out To The Chapter”. We said our TOPS & KOPS Pledges and Robbie led us in roll call. Twenty-five members weighed in and the chapter had a net loss of

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe I’m back from 10 days in northern Italy, inspired to do something more than just grill my salmon in garlic salt and douse with lemon juice. Don’t get excited, I still want to keep things easy and healthy but give my food a little extra punch. Honey Garlic Butter Salmon is

[ Read More ]

Class of 43 reunion held

EHS High School Class of 1943 members met at the Cedar House Grill for their 73rd class reunion of Sept. 18, 2016. Everyone signed the guest book and  put on name tags. The meeting came to order at 12:30 p.m. Attending were six member and three guests. Members were: Betty Gordon, Pauline Hlavacek, Emily E.

[ Read More ]

Union Hall 4-H Club Cedar County

by Glen Van Bummel My name is Glen Van Bummel. I am a 15 year old sophomore at El Dorado Springs High School. I have been a 4-H Member for nine years. I am the President of the Union Hall 4-H Club. I grew up in 4-H with older sisters whom have been mentors and

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

The family of Clinton McClanahan would like to express our thanks to each and everyone for the prayers, food, cards, flowers and phone calls in the loss of Clint. God bless you all. Clinton McClanahan family Knights of Columbus, Council 13474, Stockton, thanks the citizens of Cedar County who donated so generously to the Knights

[ Read More ]

DONATION TO BACK PACK PROGRAM

DONATION TO BACK PACK PROGRAM – On Monday, Assistant R-II Elementary Principal Tracy Barger (second from right) accepted a donation in the amount of $1,625 from the Tri-Lakes Eagles #4279 and Jerl Leonard’s Big Ball Game. All proceeds will go to the school’s Back Pack Program, which sends food home with students throughout the school

[ Read More ]