Community

4-H stories

MY 4-H EXPERIENCES BY AVERY SCHIERECK – Hello, my name is Avery Schiereck. I am a member of the Union Hall 4-H Club, I have been a member for six years, going on my 7th. In 4-H I show cattle, show poultry, and judge livestock. I have shown Cattle for what is going to be

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TTOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off pounds Sensibly) met in the Church of Christ Sanctuary on Thursday, October 20. Co-Leader, Linda H opened the meeting and Carol led us in singing “I Must Attend My Meetings”. We said our pledges and had roll call. Twenty-two weighed in today and the chapter had a

[ Read More ]

65TH WALLEN ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATED

65TH WALLEN ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATED – Dale Wallen and Juanita Fleeman were united in marriage on Oct. 31, 1951. They are the parents of two sons, Dennis Wallen of Dederick, and Rick Wallen of Springfield. On Saturday, Oct. 22, 2016, Dale and Juanita Wallen were the honored guests at a surprise party to mark their 65th

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Don’t bag those leaves What if I told you there is something that will improve what soil you have, easily make new soil and take almost no work to do it? Good, then stop bagging those leaves. I know some of us want to have immaculate lawns but you are doing your garden a huge

[ Read More ]

Run, don’t walk

NEW SIDEWALKS OFFICIALY OPEN – Though they’ve been available for a couple of months, the official ribbon cutting for the Hwy 54 Sidewalk to the Future Project happened on Saturday, Oct. 15. It was immediately followed by the FFA Heroes Against Hunger Run. Chamber Executive Director Jackson Tough addressed the crowd thanking the City of

[ Read More ]

Teens receive minor injuries

Jeremiah P. Johnson, 18, driver, and Hannah J. Johnson, 17, passenger, both of El Dorado Springs, received minor injuries in a one vehicle accident, Thursday, Oct. 13, at 8:05 a.m. The accident happened on Route BB six miles south of El Dorado Springs. The eastbound vehicle swerved and the driver lost control, ran off the

[ Read More ]

Walker resident injured in one car accident

Richard W. Poe, 44, Walker, failed to negotiate a curve on Rt. OO five miles east of Compton Junction. Mr. Poe ran off the roadway and struck a culvert as he was westbound. The accident happened Oct. 16, 2016, at 6:45 p.m. He was taken to Freeman Hospital in Joplin. His injury is listed as

[ Read More ]

HE DONE IT

HE DONE IT – (much to his surprise) Drake Dobbs, Joy Dobb’s grandson, was fingered as the murderer of Natasha Chernobyl aboard the Disoriented Express during the  Murder at the Opera House comedy Dinner theatre event at the Opera House Arts Council Building on Thruday, Oc.t 13. Drake played the part of onetof the Hardy

[ Read More ]

SMALL TOWN BUSINESS DEFYING THE RURAL ODDS

SMALL TOWN BUSINESS DEFYING THE RURAL ODDS – Bent and Broke Welding Co., LLC (Bent and Broke Welding) is proud to announce a new partnership agreement with Capital Steel Industries (CSI), based out of Littleton, CO. Through this new partnership agreement Bent and Broke Welding will offer premium quality, prefabricated steel buildings for commercial, industrial,

[ Read More ]

School Board discusses possible conference affiliation

The El Dorado Springs R-II School Board met Thursday, Oct. 13. All board members were present: Darrell Eason, Greg Beydler, Josh Floyd, Allen Hoover, Benny Brower and Chad Whitesell. Board Member Scott Cluck sent his letter of resignation. It was accepted by the board. Cluck’s term would have been up in the spring, so the

[ Read More ]