We are taking an opportunity to try to get students back into a routine, and to get them active. First and foremost our number one priority is the safety of our students. If you do not feel comfortable sending your kid(s) during this time, please refrain from doing so. We ask that all students please stay home if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle pain
• Sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
The goal of the strength/conditioning sessions is to help transition student athletes from their wellness break state into an athletic performance state. Injury prevention and overall health are key facets of our strength and conditioning program. It is important we transition into our weight training program slowly. By utilizing the strength/conditioning we will be able to train the athletes more specifically which in turn will allow their bodies to transition quicker moving into their summer programs.
• Limit number of students per session (students must sign up in order to participate)
• 3-4 coaches will monitor each strength/conditioning session to ensure social distancing is being practiced
• Exercise equipment will be sanitized after each session by coaches
• There will be a 10 minute sanitation period after each session to ensure disinfectant has proper time to dry
• Hand sanitizer will be available to students to use when desired
• Students will sign up for specific session, once a session has started no one will be enter or leave designated area of work.
• Students working outside will maintain proper social distancing enforced by coaching staff.
• Students working inside will remain in specified working area designated by coaching staff.
• The weight training exercises used will not require a spotter to ensure social distancing guidelines.
• Students bring your own water bottle marked with your name.
There will be a sign up sheet on the North end of the school on the outside of the weight room door on May 21 and May 22 from 8:00 am-3:00 pm. The strength and conditioning sessions will begin on Tuesday, May 26, and run through Wednesday, June 10. If a session is full you must sign up for another session so we can follow the social distancing and sanitation process as mentioned above.
This will be for those student athletes ENTERING grades 7-12. There will be three sessions with four groups of 10 students at each session, that last an hour and a half. If your first session is speed/agility outside you will meet at the track. If your first session is in a weight room, we ask that you please social distance outside until the coaches instruct you to come in the weight room. If you have any questions please contact the AD’s office at the school. This is NOT Summer School, there is a separate sign up for that and it begins on June 11.
Session times are listed below.
Session 1- 7:30 am-9:00 am
Session 2- 9:00 am-10:30 am
Session 3- 10:30 am- 12:00 pm