Community

Gardening Charlotte

Raspberry Cedar Arbor Old gardening books recommend growing raspberries in home gardens because they are delicate to move and hard to keep fresh. I decided to grow them because I love the berries and have had some in my garden in the past. Not that I planted them, the ones I found were wild ones

[ Read More ]

Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home

We want to say “Thank You” to those who have entrusted the care of their loved ones to us this past year. Thank you so much for placing your faith and confidence in us. The holiday season can be a difficult time of the year. The transition we must make after the loss of a

[ Read More ]

2018 Christmas lighting winners

SECOND PLACE HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING WINNER – Justin and Chelsea Jacobs – 610 S. High. Justin and Chelsea receive $75 off their utility bill. THIRD PLACE HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING WINNER – Michael Tracey – 1500 S. Vernon. Michael receives $50 off his utility bill. FOURTH PLACE HOLIDAY HOME DECORATING WINNER – David Levine and Sherry

[ Read More ]

Keep gifts out of sight

“It’s that wonderful holiday season. I encourage people to keep their gifts and valuables out of sight in their locked cars and make sure they or their neighbors get deliveries off the porches,” said El Dorado Springs Police Chief Jarrod Schiereck. “We’ve seen some larcenies from unlocked vehicles.” “That’s just some of the ideas,” the

[ Read More ]

OATS board elects 2019 officers

The OATS, Inc. state Board of Directors held their last meeting of the year in Columbia on Nov. 26. The following individuals were elected as officers for 2019: President: Mel Sundermeyer, Holt Summit. Vice-President: Krissy Sinor, Springfield. Secretary/Treasurer: Donna Turnbough, Paris.

[ Read More ]

Two named to honors bands

After a long wait, I found out yesterday that Libby Toliver made 5th Chair Clarinet in the Conference Band and Alexis Barnett made 9th Chair in the Percussion section. I am very proud of these girls for their hard work to make this ensemble. If you see them, give them a pat on the back.

[ Read More ]

LIGHTHOUSE CONTINUES TO SHINE

LIGHTHOUSE CONTINUES TO SHINE – The Lighthouse Children’s Theatre of Dorado Springs was once again selected by the Matthews Children’s  Foundation to receive a grant in the amount of $1,000. The foundation makes grants to benefit organizations helping children. This grant was made possible through Matthews International Casket Division and Artco Casket Company base on

[ Read More ]

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs morning group

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Nov. 29, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Leader Sheryl Ann called our meeting to order and Kay led us in singing “TOPS is Great” We said our TOPS & KOPS pledges. Marilyn led us in walking inside

[ Read More ]

Senior Center needs volunteers

The El Dorado Springs Senior Center is operated by Care Connection for Aging Services, a non-profit Area Agency on Aging serving 13 West Central Missouri counties. Care Connection for Aging Services operate 22 senior centers with the vision that the people we serve will live with maximum independence, respect and dignity. Our mission is to

[ Read More ]

Cedar Historical Society meets

by Connie Maupin Members of the Cedar County Historical Society gathered Nov. 26 in the Stockton museum. Members present were President Judy Nichols, Vice President Judith Cain, Secretary Connie Maupin, Assistant Treasurer Anna Hopkins, Ellis Benham, Chris Barber, Bob Phillips and visitor, now new member, Valerie Hamby. Bob Phillips historical short story this month centered

[ Read More ]