Community

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church Of Christ Sanctuary on Thursday, Aug. 18. Our leader, Robbie opened the meeting. Kay led us in singing “Snackity Snack”. We said our pledges and had roll call. Thirty members weighed in today. Susan was our week’s best loser with a

[ Read More ]

35th Annual Steward Reunion held

The 35th annual Steward Reunion was held Aug. 20 and 21, 2016. The group gathered at the home of Leon and Debee Steward for a carry in supper and visiting on Saturday night.  The group then gathered at the Sac Osage Electric Cooperative Community Room on Sunday for lunch and more visiting. Door prizes were

[ Read More ]

Galvin-Vickers reunion held Aug.21

The 64th annual Galvin-Vickers reunion was held Sunday, August 21, 2016 at the Lion’s Club building in El Dorado Springs. Fifty-six descendants of Nellie Galvin and George Washington Vickers were in attendance, making this the biggest crowd in several years.  Fern Kelsay and Rosella Gammon were recognized as being the oldest at the gathering; Alex

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Naked Ladies Surprise Of all of the cut flowers I have shared, my surprise lilies were the closest to getting me in trouble. My last Navy Reserves duty station was at US Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, in Illinois, about a two-hour drive from my home. When I worked there mid-summer, I liked to

[ Read More ]

New books a Cedar County Library

Falling by Jane Green – Seeking independence and happiness away from her upper-crust British life, Emma moves first to Manhattan and then to Connecticut, where she renovates a cottage at the side of a handyman single father with whom she plans a future before a twist of fate redefines her beliefs about hone. Among the

[ Read More ]

West Central launches ‘Double-Up Food Bucks’ program

West Central Missouri Community Action Agency (West Central) is pleased to announce the launching of the Double-Up Food Bucks program at local farmers markets across the region. Double-Up Food Bucks is a healthy food incentive program that helps low-income families purchase more fresh fruits and vegetables and supports local farmers. Through this new program, people

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Thank you to all our family and friends for the gifts of flowers, food, cards, donations to  High Hope and most importantly love and support during this time of loss. Thank you to the Church of Christ for the use of their facilities during our luncheon. A special thank you to Bland Hackleman Funeral Home

[ Read More ]

$50 WINNERS

Shyla Reed and Becky Collins both won $50 gift certificates from Shopko as part of the Back-To-School Giveaway contest created by Davis Long at the El Dorado Springs Sun. Other winners so far are Allie Thompson who found one ElDo Rock worth two $10 gift certificates to Scooters. Dakota Herndon and Rosie Broadbent bagged school

[ Read More ]

VAN DYK KARATE COMPETES IN SPRINGFIELD

On Saturday July 30, five members from Van Dyk’s Karate traveled to Springfield to compete in the 5th Annual Ozark Mountain Nationals Karate Tournament as part of the Team S.W.A.T. National Competition Team. Competitors from all over the country were there to compete in this tournament that grows and gets better every year. There was

[ Read More ]

TOPS hears about Mindless Eating and Hidden Persuaders

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church Of Christ meetin room on Thursday, Aug, 11. Our leader, Robbie, opened the meeting. Kay led us in singing “TOPS Success.” Robbie had the program today. She took it from TOPS Real Life Guide titled “Mindless Eating and Hidden Persuaders.” The

[ Read More ]