Community

Bargers to celebrate 50th anniversary

San and Margie Barger will celebrate 50 wonderful years of marriage. I loved you then, I love you still, I always have, I always will. They were married Jan. 14, 1967, at Paul Johnson’s home. They were blessed with two boys, Steven and Keven, and his wife, Melanie, and grandchildren, Logan, and Tatum. They live

[ Read More ]

Commission approves Stump Ford Bridge contract

The Cedar County Commission accepted the bid on Lehman Construction Company to build a new Stump Ford Bridge in 2017 for $546,964. The county’s 20% share of the cost, $109.393, will be partially met with soft match money from other counties.

[ Read More ]

Christmas Basket program a great success

Our community can be proud of the outpouring of generosity and support shared with others through this years’ Christmas Basket project. Many thanks go to all of the wonderful volunteers who gave countless hours of their time and talents to make this year’s event a success. Thank you to the First Baptist Church and the

[ Read More ]

December Cedar County MU Extension Council meeting report

The members of the Cedar County MU Extension Council met on the evening of Dec. 5 at the Cedar County Memorial Hospital Health Complex. This report is adapted from the minutes provided by council secretary Kelly Hendricks. Members present were Nedra Fox, Kelly Kendricks, Jordan Richner, Maranda Spangler and Frank Anderson. After minutes and treasurer’s

[ Read More ]

Pape Church Christmas program

Our Sunday School hour began with the beautiful hymn, The Solid Rock. Then Carl gave us an “open book” Bible quiz before sending us to our classes. Brother Dennis titled his sermon, “Believe,” with the Call to Worship Mark 9:23 – “If you can?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.” Dennis began

[ Read More ]

Last pursuit of the year ends in Cedar County

A Bronaugh resident is in custody after a lengthy pursuit in the final hours of 2016. According to Vernon County Sheriff’s Office Officials, a vehicle failed to yield when a deputy attempted to make a traffic stop near Oldtown Road and 1900 Road. Additional units were called out to assist in the pursuit that led

[ Read More ]

Public input sought for intersection improvements along Hwy. 13

Henry and St. Clair Counties – Area residents are invited to two upcoming public meetings to provide input on safety improvements to high crash intersections along Missouri Hwy. 13 between Clinton and Springfield, the Missouri Department of Transportation said. The first public meeting will be held from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 10,

[ Read More ]

TOPS hears steps to change

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs met in the Church Of Christ Meeting room on Thursday, Dec. 29. Robbie had the program today. She took her program from the TOPS Choice Is Mine book. She talked about taking control over what we eat. With the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017, we all

[ Read More ]

Painters celebrate 50th

Rick and Ann Painter celebrated 50 years of marriage together on Dec. 31, 2016. They were married on Dec. 31, 1966, in Schereville, IN. They have five children – Julie Painter (Brad Weaver), Janeen Painter (Fawn Monaghan), Dennis Painter and wife, Sarah, Jason Painter (Lisa McIntire) and Eric Painter and wife, Francie; 13 grandchildren –

[ Read More ]