Community

Providing information

CAT SCRATCH Q: I got scratched by my cat.  Do I need to worry about it? A: Cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection that causes swelling and pain in the lymph nodes and loss of appetite.  You can get fever, headaches, and fatigue.  Usually it doesn’t appear for several days, but may last for

[ Read More ]

TIFFIN BAPTIST WELCOMES NEW PASTOR

TIFFIN BAPTIST WELCOMES NEW PASTOR – Tiffin Baptist Church would like to welcome their new pastor, Joe Barker and wife, Connie. The Barkers come from Marshalltown, IA, and started here on Nov. 20. Mr. Barker has served as a pastor, leader of various specialty ministries and as a Director of Missions. We are excited for

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

Thank you to each and everyone for the prayers, cards, phone calls, text, flowers, food and every act of kindness given to our family during the loss of my sister, Debra Mann. Special thanks to Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home during this difficult time. It is greatly appreciated.  God bless. Kim, Quentin Goodman

[ Read More ]

LCT WINTER PRODUCTION A SUCCESS

LCT WINTER PRODUCTION A SUCCESS – For the 18th time since the Lighthouse opened its doors, the Lighthouse Children’s Theatre Players lit up the stage for their winter production, “The Magical Land of Oz!” 30 students, age 3-16 performed brilliantly in front of capacity audiences on Dec. 2-3 on the stage of the FBC/FLC. Actors

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Answering emails: Garden Gift Ideas “Do you have any gift suggestions for my wife? She’s a die hard gardener and has everything I can imagine…” – Patrick Hi Patrick, One of my favorite all-time Christmas gifts is a Missouri Department of Conservation Natural Events Calendar. Besides having major holiday dates for the upcoming year, the

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs met in the Church Of Christ meeting room on Thursday, Dec. 15. Kay led us in singing “Celery Sticks and Carrot Curls”. Marilyn awarded Susan her 25 lb. loss certificate. Robbie led us in roll call.  thirty-four weighed in today.  Sue and Verna tied for best loser of the

[ Read More ]

El Dorado Springs Community Foundation

Greetings on behalf of the Board of El Dorado Springs Community Foundation, Kay Forest, Pauline Simone, Cathy Frier, Jack Reynolds, Dennis Daugherty, and Bill Rabe. We are reaching out to you with an opportunity to directly support the mission of the El Dorado Springs Community Foundation through a tax deductible, charitable contribution. • Our mission

[ Read More ]

TERRI HEITZ

TERRI HEITZ – 40 years of dedicated service: On Tuesday, Nov. 22, 40 years to the day, Terri Heitz, Social Services Designee, was honored by her family and co-workers for her years of employment with Cedar County Memorial Hospital (CCMH). Terri started her career with CCMH the year she graduated from college with a degree

[ Read More ]

BOB CORNELL HONORED

BOB CORNELL HONORED – School Board President Darrell Eason, representing the El Dorado Springs R-II School Board, presented Bob Cornell a plaque recognizing his seven years of service as the head of the school’s Building and Grounds Department. Bob will retire effective Dec. 28.

[ Read More ]

4-H holds Recognition Banquet

The Cedar County 4-H Recognition was held Sunday, Oct. 23, at the Land O Lakes Fairgrounds. The event was emceed by 4-H County Council President Avery Schiereck and Secretary Macy Stauffer. 4-H Member awards were: Project Leadership Awards – Kaylee Lower for Int. Beef, Int. Livestock Judging and Int. Arts & Crafts; Glen Van Bummel

[ Read More ]