Community

Pound Pets

Dog – neutered adult male, brown/tan/white/gray Husky or Heeler mix. Due to imposition of city ordinances all animals MAY be kept a maximum of 10 days before euthanzation. For additional information on the listed animals please contact the El Dorado Springs Police Department 24/7 at 417-876-2313 or by email- eldoradospringsanimal control@gmail.com. Animals are also listed

[ Read More ]

Gardening Charlotte

February Garden Chores There are signs of activity in my hill side garden, ever so slight maybe but activity nevertheless. I am spotting mole runs through some of my walking paths, and the mums I planted last fall are sprouting little tufts of green in the center. I know, I should appreciate cold enough days

[ Read More ]

Twentieth Century Club meets

by Lana Sue Jones On Monday, Jan. 9, 10 members of Twentieth Century Club met in the home of Evelyn Boyle with Luella Phipps serving as co-hostess. The meeting was called to order by President Sandi Eaves. The new business was to decide on a theme for the 2017 year. The vote was to accept

[ Read More ]

Conners to celebrate 70th anniversary

Robert and Dixie Conner of El Dorado Springs marked 70 years of marriage on Feb. 1, 2017, but the big celebration will be Feb. 4. They were joined in Holy Matrimony in Ft. Scott, KS, on Feb. 1, 1947. Mr. and Mrs. Conner are life-long residents of El Dorado Springs. They are members of the

[ Read More ]

TOPS hears 12 things to remember

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the Church Of Christ Meeting room on Thursday, Jan. 26. Robbie presented the program on 12 things to remember: 1. The past cannot be changed 2. Opinions don’t define your reality 3. Everyone’s journey is different 4. Things always get better with time

[ Read More ]

Turn your business dream into a reality

Do you have a business dream? Have an idea but don’t know where opportunity exists?       The El Dorado Springs Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Committee has identified four buildings available for immediate occupancy in historic downtown El Dorado Springs!  These buildings range from 1,500 square feet to over 4,400 square feet. We

[ Read More ]

Freed from Depression

Written by a Grateful Survivor Number seven of nine children, I was born here in El Dorado Springs. In a two room shack, my parents told me. I always thought it probably had crescent moon cutouts. I was raised in a world void of love. Throughout adulthood, I had no purpose for living and have

[ Read More ]

FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH (DISCIPLES OF CHRIST)

Despite the rain on Sunday morning, January 22, attendance was good at First Christian Church. Worship Leader Kathy Dains welcomed everyone and read scripture from Psalm 8:1-9 and 145:1-9. Deanna Johnston led the singing, with Marilyn Easley on the organ and Claudine Pope on the piano. Steve Singleton served as elder. Pastor Jack gave the

[ Read More ]

DARRELL MARTIN

DARRELL MARTIN – will retire from the Postal Service after 24 years of service. His military career started in December of 1969 and he ended it in 2004. He began working for the Postal Service in February of 1994 at Nevada’s post office and then transferred to El Dorado in 1995.  Friday, Jan. 27, will

[ Read More ]

NEW AT THE CPA FIRM

NEW AT THE CPA FIRM – is proud to announce a new addition. Jeana Ocshner is an inactive CPA with local roots. Our team is set and ready to help with your accounting and tax needs. Both offices in El Dorado Springs and Nevada will be open Mon-Thurs 9-5, Fri-Sat by appointment. Phone number: 667-1673.

[ Read More ]