Community

CMH signs letter of intent with CoxHealth

Citizens Memorial Hospital/Citizens Memorial Health Care Foundation (CMH) and CoxHealth have taken the next step in the evolution of healthcare in the Ozarks: A letter of intent has been signed that provides the framework for bringing CoxHealth and CMH together. The decision marks the beginning of a strategic partnership, one that builds on the legacy

[ Read More ]

PHARMACY INTERN RETURNS TO EVANS

PHARMACY INTERN RETURNS TO EVANS – Jace Moore is a fourth year pharmacy student at the University of Kansas. He grew up in Moscow, KS, which is home to approximately 200 citizens. While in high school, he shadowed a small town pharmacist, which sparked him to pursue a career in pharmacy. While in route to

[ Read More ]

Cedar County Historical Society minutes

by Connie Maupin The Oct. 20, meeting of the Cedar Count Historical Society meeting was called to order by President Judy Nichols. Members present were: President Judy Nichols, Vice President Bob Phillips, Treasurer Kay Snow, Assistant Treasurer Shirley Potts, Interim Secretary Connie Maupin, Luella Phipps, Sharyl Henry, Marcie Haralson, Kenneth Potts and Chris Barber. Visitors

[ Read More ]

RETIRING AFTER 39 YEARS

RETIRING AFTER 39 YEARS – Joy Dobbs of Joy Dobbs Insurace Agency in El Dorado Springs spent her last Friday on the job celebrating her 39 years in business with friends and family. Joy started her career in 1977 at Vernal Henry Insurance and later opened her own Agency in January 1991 at the present

[ Read More ]

Candidates sought for 2017 Cedar Co. Council election

Nominations are being accepted for the January 2017 election to the Cedar County University of Missouri Extension Council. “The council is seeking people from all walks of life who are interested in education and the progress of our community,” says Nedra Fox. “Serving on the Extension council is a great way to help make our

[ Read More ]

TOPS learns about portion control

TOPS Chapter 319 El Dorado Springs met in the Church of Christ meeting room on Thursday, Oct. 27. Robbie opened the meeting and Kay led us in singing “The Place For Me”. Robbie led us in roll call. Sandi was the week’s best loser with a loss of 4.4 lbs. Twenty-Five members weighed in today.

[ Read More ]

Optimist Club Costume Winners

9 – 12 GROUP – (from left) 2nd place Piper Spencer, 3rd – Dillon Whitesell, 1st place Kiera Strouch. 4 – 8 GROUP – (from left) 1st place Lela and Paisley Brown, 3rd place Isabell Whitesell, 2nd place – Kaysen Strouch. 0-3 GROUP – (from left) 2nd place – Tinley Eck, 1st place –

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Garlic Chives I don’t mean to brag but I thought I was familiar with most culinary herbs until I found these little bunches of onion-like plants in a neighbor’s garden. Without knowing what they were, I dug up as many as I could and moved them to my garden, planting them along flower borders so

[ Read More ]

HOW SWEET

HOW SWEET – Cindy Wallentiny dug this 9 3⁄4 lb sweet potato out of a raised vegetable garden bed at her home near Blackjack. For her birthday this Saturday, she plans to cook it in a pit with whole chickens. The pit is three ft. deep. She puts coals from wood she has burned topped

[ Read More ]

PROVIDING INFORMATION

PROVIDING INFORMATION – Healthcare providers at Mercy Clinic in El Dorado Springs will start a series of health related questions and answers next month in the El Dorado Springs Sun. Questions can be submitted directly to the providers, called in to Mercy Clinic at 417/876-5851 or submitted through their new App mymercy.net. Pictured are (back

[ Read More ]